Eufy Doorbell Playback

Hey all,
Recently my Eufy wired doorbell has been doing something strange. I’d get the motion alert but when I go to play the alert, It tries to for a few seconds then says “unable to play live video”. This happens on recorded events as well. Now this happens on LTE or Wifi, signal is excellent. IF it does try to play, it’ll load :01 seconds and then I get the spinning logo(buffering) then "unable to play live video). I’ve reset the unit and the issue still happens. I’ve adjusted multiple settings like lowering quality and streaming quality, same issue happens. The exact same issue happens on my wifes iphone(and my android). Anyone have any other recommendations?

Try contacting support :+1:
support@eufylife.com

Hi @NxtGen Have you tried a clean install of the app?

I have, yes.

Hi @NxtGen

Thank you for letting us know your concern.

In this case, please try to:

1. Restart the device by turn off the power and power back on again
  2. Please change another Wifi network or try the hot spot on your mobile

If the issue still persists, please send us your eufy account and the serial number to support@eufylife.com so we can look into this case for you.

Thank you so much for your patience. Looking forward to getting you taken care of as soon as possible!

I’ve pretty much did this. I sent an email to support already, waiting for a response.

1 Like

You did the right thing… troubleshoot yourself and when no other option, contact support. You can count on eufy/Anker support they will do their best to resolve your issue. Good luck! :+1:

Not yet… They are blaming my setup… yet it was perfectly fine til I added a Homebase to my network.

Hi NxtGen,

I am having a similar issue. I am able to play videos (live and recorded events) when at home on the same network as my doorbell, eufycam2 pro and homebase2, but when I’m connected to another WiFi network, with good connection otherwise, I am unable to view.

Were you able to get your issue resolved? Any advice you can give?

Thanks for your help.

No. I gave up. I replaced it.