Eufy Doorbell is Offline and will not re-connect

I came home and guess what? Battery is dead…
Tried a other cable and even a usb adapter but nothing happen. Holding the sync button for 10 seconds and even that wouldn’t help. :frowning:

Its time to contact the support!

1 Like

Is there anybody how get a solution from the eufy helpdesk?

Or can i better send the doorbell back to the shop and ask my money back.

Have you contacted the support?

Yes!
Is there anybody getting a solution for this problem from the support desk?

Here is definitely NOT the support desk from EUFY.
You find this on the EUFY-website. :grinning:

I now and i have already made a ticket a few days ago.
I’m just asking here if anyone has already gotten a solution from Eufy for this problem.

You could also use the magnifier (search option) in the right upper corner to get a better answer tor your issue.

There are more users that had the same problem as me.
Tech support only asking the same questions over and over again about the internet connection.
It’s in my opinion not the internet connection but the bad software.
I have a good and stable connection and still the doorbell go’s a few times a week offline.
The software will not reconnect but the users has to do that manualy every time.
A getting crazy about this device because when it go’s offline there is no massage and when someone stands at my door and the bell is offline and don’t now that.

Do you have the battery doorbell or powered? Some instances of it going offline has to do with lack of power coming in

just emailed them this My kit all eufy crap
3 doorbells none more than 20 feet from a base keeps losing signal TOTALY UNFIT FOR PURPOSE
2 x 2k cameras ONE THAT
1 ptz camera ISONLY 8 FEET FROM BASE SEEMS IT WORKS MOST OF THE TIME
2 x base 2

CONCLUSION

your kit is useless for anyone that lives in a house with doors that they close

the experienced range is
8 feet for staying connected 80%
over feet with door closed FU*****ing forget it

WHAT IS YOUR SOLUTION TO GET THIS LOT WORKING RELIABLY?

It’s sad that, after a year, this still isn’t solved. We have laptops, smartphones, a tablet, a google home speaker, a philips hue bridge and our heating, all connected to the wifi and everything works perfectly. When something goes out of range, it reconnects when in range. Even our Eufy security cam keeps its connection.
Everything except the Eufy doorbell.
Any decent programmer would make a product that tries to reconnect after it loses connection, but not for this doorbell.
I tried everything, fixing wifi channels on all possibilities (1-6-11), putting the bell next to the homestation, etc. Nothing helps. What improved it slightly is connecting the homebase itself via wifi instead of wired, but it increased stable connection times from 1 day to 3 days, give or take. But then I still need to bring the bell inside and try to reconnect it. Which it completely refuses now, so we have to send the unit back.

72 replies and many posts on reddit and elsewhere about this issue. Absolutely frustrating that there is no fix for this. Just a simple firmware update where your doorbell just automatically resynces would be an easy fix but they don’t care. I was allowed to return the bell after almost a year and it feels such a relief to be done with this product. Its unfinished and just terrible that they haven’t fixed this. I am now looking into different brands. So happy I got my money back. Worst buy ever! Usually anker products are good but not this one

I have the same problem that my doorbell kept disconnecting and disapearing from my device list.
After reading these posts I came across somebody that wrote about the top screw in the holder you mount on the wall.
As the provided screws are crap I used my own and they didn’t fit as nicely as the original once. The top screw was not totally flush and my guess is it touch the sync button on the backside of the doorbell. I was able to screw it in a bit more and now it was flush.

After remounting the doorbell is stayed connected. It has been a week now without problem, before it went away between a few minutes and a few hours, a day. One time I noticed the doorbell beeped before disapairing, just like when connecting to the Homebase. So I think this might be the solution for part of the problem discribde here.

Interesting!
But true.
If you use other screws than the originals of course these could cause damages and malfunction.

I’ve also had the problem of the camera loosing connection with the Homebase. I did use different screws, but that wasn’t the problem. I contacted support and they told me to go to the Homebase settings in the menu, go to “Working mode” and select the “Performance” option.
That did the trick for me, I haven’t lost connection for days now.

i have a weird one . with my wired doorbel
after few months battery was getting low out of nowhere .
then i fixed is and now it goes ofline if its wired and wont reconnect.
then when i unscrew the wire’s it pops back online :confused:
and i checked i have 24V and 40VA so it should work perfectly

May be you can ask your question on EUFY’s forum.

Maybe it will help somebody here.

1. I saw such a sync issue when my homebase were switching from lan to wifi to lan few times. So, I only configured the homebase to use Lan. (Wired ethernet)
  2. Battery + power issue: The doorbell needs ~10W of power to properly charge. So, transformers of 8v and 0.5Amper like shown above are too weak. This will output only 4W of power, so doorbell might run of battery. I am using 8v, 1A transformer (8W) which does the trick.

Can someone please help i have a eufy 2K wired videocam this is the second day that it’s gone offline ive rebooted my router, restarted the hub disconnected and reconnected the hub, pressed the sync button. Nothing is getting it back online No support at the weekend