Eufy Doorbell is Offline and will not re-connect

Same here. Second time in 6 months that the doorbell suddenly is offline without notice.

My doorbell is wired. The homebase is attached to my network with an ethernet cable. The homebase runs just fine.

Yesterday my doorbell worked in the morning and had 4 detections. Then suddenly out of the blue it stopped working and went offline. My network was stable as I was working at home and had no issues. Everything ran fine.

The light on the doorbell did not light up. Also, holding the doorbell button for 5 seconds did not help. Doorbell did not respond at all. I had to reset the doorbell with the reset button before it started to respond again.

It seems like a software issue, that is suddenly crashes if you ask me.

1 Like

20-2-2021 our doorbell (T8210) has a software update and have been having problems with it ever since. Before that, the bell worked flawlessly, now it goes offline every day. tried various distances to homebase and nothing helps … the bell is now 2 meters away from the homebase and yet today again offline.
i think this is due to the latest software update. We had no problems with this update. the doorbell syond yoen 6 meters from the homebase

i think this is due to the latest software update. We had no problems with this update. the doorbell syond yoen 6 meters from the homebase

Did you try a reset after updating? Update may not cleared cache and it’s full of new and old mixed version.

How to reset the T8210 ?.

I resetit several times. I didnt know that is was the reset :wink:

After 5 hours, same thing. In my eufy/anker experience with eufy robovac, eufy cordless vac, eufy outdoor CAM 2C and indoor cams plus Homebase2, the only luck i have is with the 2C cams, I use them for indoor and outdoor cams!

Doorbell stopped working after 4 hours-no resolution, returned

Eufy has great potential BUT they are plagued with engineers that do not understand the fundamentals of wireless engineering.

The doorbell works on a pre-configured 2.4ghz channel which is always very busy - no option to set to auto which would locate a channel that is not busy
The outdoor 2C cams have never had an issue so they must be configured to switch to available channels…so why not the doorbell

How do you know that?

No one stupider than I am where I purchased 2 smart touch locks and a wired doorbell without extra research. Should have brought just one and try it out first… But anyway, both of my locks got the same offline and couldn’t reconnected by itself issue since day one. Reported to them then they sent out an 4/2021 update but it got a lot worse since now both locks couldn’t stay connected more than 2 minutes. Because of these issues, I didn’t even bother to install the door bell since most likely I will have the same issue.

Also, I created just a 2.4Ghz wifi but no difference. Also tried 2 different mesh systems but didn’t help either. Last but not least, the support team will only reply one email a day, just from Monday to Friday

Anyone got a solution? I have the same problem…

Did you ask the at the Eufy community.
And of course ask the support.
There could be help.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Eufy Doorbell is Offline and will not re-connect:

I installed a replacement 2K doorbell yesterday to replace a faulty one which kept going offline and telling me it was on battery power when it was wired to a transformer. Guess what, this one is doing the same thing! I have wired it to my existing doorbell wiring on a 8v power supply.

It was working fine for 24 hours, but this afternoon the power icon changed to ‘battery’ and now it has just gone offline. The Homebase 2 has a solid wifi connection and is less than 2 metres from the doorbell. Screenshots attached. What is going on please?

Image: 16:31 3 June
Image-1: 13:06 4 June
Image-2: 16:11 4 June
Image-3: 16:12 4 June
Image-4: 16:22 4 June
Image-5: shows the doorbell transformer it is connected to.

I have the exact same issue. It works for a while but then goed offline and stays offline. What is the reason for this? I habe too much eufy stuff to move to Ring, but i am surely doubting now to move to ring or any other system.

I have the same issue now. Yesterday and today I suddenly received the notification that my doorbell was running low on battery (even though it’s connected to net power). And now, whenever we’re disconnecting and reconnecting the power on the doorbell, it’s only on for a short moment before going down again.

I dont have such a bell, but is there a reset possible?
Otherwise you could ask here :
https://communitysecurity.eufylife.com/

I did a reset and it’s working again. For some reason the battery inside had died? Even though it’s on a net power of 12v. So God knows what happened. Maybe an internal software issue making the doorbell think it’s working of battery instead of power.

OK, may be you ask other owners from the EUFY-Forum
or you contact the EUFY-support.

Door bell go’s offline every few days.
I 'am getting crazy about this device.
My homebase is 2 mtr from my door bell and the wifi signal is high and stable.
I don’t now what i can do to make this thing work stable.
Resetting the connection every few days is not normal. :rage:

I’m facing the same problem since the new firmware (2.2.3.3) has been installed. therefore it was working fine and I didn’t had any problems. Does anybody have any solution yet?

I tried everything except resetting. Resetting is possible when i am back at home. (“Enjoying” my vacation right now)

1 Like

Enjoy your vacation.
Much more important than that issue!

I am sure you will get this fixed.
You can try ask here as well :
https://communitysecurity.eufylife.com/

1 Like