Eufy doorbell buzzing noise

Hello all,

I just got a eufy doorbell and installed it by hardwiring it to an existing Schneider 99AC220 doorbell chime. The Schneider chime is now giving me a headache inducing 50hz buzz. Any idea how to eliminate or reduce the 50hz hum? For info I believe the doorbell transformer is 6VA. Thank you and looking forward to your suggestions!

1 Like

You can try resetting it, the instructions to do so should be in the instruction manual. Or the connection to the Schneider is a little loose or the wire a little frayed at the end.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried all of them but none of them works for my case unfortunately. Has this got something to do with the chime’s transformer? The hum is coming from it for sure.

1 Like

Most likely, maybe you can get it serviced. Or you could just buy a new one.

1 Like

Hope you are able to take care of this OP, this sound like quite the annoying issue

1 Like

I am now using the doorbell with its battery supply and removed the hardwiring. It was supposed to work with hardwiring and make use of the existing chime (which is a brand new one for my case). I am a bit disappointed with this product to say the least.

Now that it’s running with the supplied battery, is it still buzzing?

It’s not buzzing for now but running on battery power is not originally intended…i guess I have to live with having to recharge my doorbell from time to time until I find a way to eliminate the buzzing noise

Try wiring them one more time. Maybe the issue is wires. But give it another shot