Eufy Contact Sensors - Chime on Homebase when Open/Closed?

Tried searching a bit thru the forum, but didn’t see anything posted. Now that Eufy has contact sensors for doors and windows, it would be nice to have an audible sound come from the HomeBase when something is opened or closed. This would be an excellent feature to add. That and maybe have a wireless keypad to arm/disarm the HomeBase… :grin:

2 Likes

Great ideas! :thumbsup:

I do have plenty of the sensors, but never used one of them yet (waiting for the feature to use them as video-record-trigger for the eufy cam). So i can’t even tell if those sensors not already be able to do what ou want or not.

They currently don’t support a chime sound when opened/closed. Only option is to blast the alarm if triggered. Don’t want that when the Mrs. is sleeping and I head out the door at 5am to the gym. :joy:

… or when Mr. is sleeping and the Lover of Mrs. is knocking at the door with some flowers and chocolates in his hand :joy:

2 Likes

True there is no option to chime on Homebase.

My phone sends out a notification with a sound when door is opened/closed. But you cannot tell if it was the door or some event on the camera…

If there was SmartThings integration this could be done easily. That’ll probably never happen though :confused:

Hello!@adammiarka Thanks so much for your valuable feedback and suggestion! At the current stage, there are HomeBase alarm settings for sensor in eufy Security App. You’re able to enable/disable the HomeBase alarm in the App via the following steps: Mode (right bottom of App homepage)>Both Home and Away settings>Associated sensor>Tick HomeBase Alarm. Provided that you enable the HomeBase alarm in App as instructed above, the HomeBase alarm will be triggered when the distance between the main part of sensor and magnet is over 1.5 inch (4cm) (someone maybe breaks in). We’ll also try our best to forward your concern to our engineer team and hope they can further improve the function of sensor alarming in the future!

1 Like

Hello Eufy. I purchased two door sensors today and hope for them to chime homebase 2 when sensors are opened and closed.

Please add this feature.

Thank you.

They did actually release this feature. If you go into your sensor’s settings page, you’ll see Chime. You can adjust the volume and the chime sound type. Was added within the past couple of months.

hmm… On my “Sensor Settings” page, there’s only 4 items: Name, Push Notifications, Device Info, and Mounting Guide. I couldn’t find “chime sound type” anywhere.

Would you be able to provide some steps where you found that?

Much appreciated.

Looked like the latest update added “Chirp Tones” to the setting page. Kudos to Eufy!
Now I can set different “chirp tones” to my front and patio door.

Thank you.

I’m looking to get a Eufy system, I was wondering with the chirp contact sensor system, is it able to hook into alexa speakers? As the base station will be downstairs, I don’t always hear sounds when I’m on the next floor.

I would love to see chirps along with voice notications from the base like Front door opened, front door unlocked, etc. I would also like to hear a Voice notification when doors are closed such as front door closed, back door closed.