Eufy 2K indoor camera and Homekit

I bought the Eufy 2K indoor camera because of its Homekit support.
However after setting things up It turns out that “as per Homekits request AI and activity zone detection is disabled”. That makes this camera unusable as I want to use it ONLY from the Homekit app.
My Netatmo Presence camera has no problem with this feature, so I don’t see the problem.

3 Likes

It would be nice if they could fix this

Agreed, shouldn’t loose these important features, especially when other companies are making it work.

iOS 14 released today. Would be good if activity zones in the home app were activated. Any news if this is gonna happen any time soon? Also will this camera have face recognition as well??

can you wall mount the camera ? need a cam for our Dog’s play area and the best place to place the camera is on a wall. Thanks

Yes, 2K Indoor Cam can be wall mounted

1 Like

I’ve noticed the same issue (IA disabled).

However Did you manage to activate HomeKit Secure Video and record mouvement detection in Homekit / Home APP ? I receive movement detection notification from Home App but I can’t see video recording

When I try to activate it, it says my concentrator needs to be updated but according to Apple, my old iPad iOS 10.3 should be ok as a concentrator.