Drop sensors are dirty error, but they are CLEAN, HELP!

I did remove the battery for more than one minute, and I also unplugged the three corresponding cables from the motherboard.

Hi have the same problem with my 15c

Eventually after taking all the advice above I decided to split it all apart and find the drop sensors and see if they were really dirty.

So unscrewed all the case fittings, easy enough, split the shell open fairly mucky in there as expected.

You can prise apart the outer ring where the actual drop sensors are, 3 in total, two small black cases attached with ribbon callers on each side and then also two bulb type open leds on one side only.

I disconnected the ribbon cables on the small cases, levered them open and they were filthy, they had what almost looked like rust stains in there, no idea how, any way, have cleaned them out throughout inside and outside, wiped down the exposed bulbs all round and refitted everything, works like a dream!

So maybe the little beastie was right all along, the drop sensors were actually dirty! But inside.

Hope this might help.

1 Like

Great advice.
There are videos around how to dismantle the Robovac.
Its easy for a skilled person.

My daughter and I opened “old Willy” and swapped the left brush motor.
She was really perfect to unplug these little plugs from the main board etc.

(And we marked these to plug them in again in correctly .
Also we took different little “containers” for the screws and label these
Normal engineering tricks. These help a lot and is saving much time :smile:)

I had this same issue for weeks and could NOT figure it out. I have two Kyvol’s, both are a few years old now and I’ve never had an issue with them in the past. They have been used DAILY for atleast 2 years and we live on a farm…so they have ‘earned their keep’ : )
I did some online research after the cleaning and other manual tips didn’t resolve the issue, and I found some people posting about how bright sunlight could affect the sensors, SURE ENOUGH I tested my machines after using them with the curtains closed and NO ISSUES! : ) We live in soggy, wet NW Oregon so bright sunlight isn’t something we get much here LOL! And I usually run them early in the morning, so pre-bright sunlight… hence why I’ve not had an issue until recently.
But it did resolve the errors! Give it a try! : )

Take a look at my post above and try a reset by battery removing.

Glad they are working for you

Remove the front 2 brushes and try again.

My brushes were old and dirty, once removed no more issue.

Try cleaning the brushes or but new ones.

I cleaned them in very hot water and washing powder and not the bushes have gone straight again and pretty good.

Of course you have to keep ALL brushed clean.
The best it to clean these properly after every cleaning cyclus.
I do this since years and “Old Willy” is working from the first day I got it.
Its about 4 years now.

If you don’t, the whole machine will die pretty soon.

1 Like

Of course you have to keep ALL brushed clean.
The best it to clean these properly after every cleaning cyclus.
I do the since years and “Old Willy” is working from the first day I got it.
Its about 4 years now.

If you don’t, the whole machine will die pretty soon.
Game over.

Hi all, thanks for all the advice above.

After trying everything it took opening up the four drop sensors, none of which were visibly dirty, dusty or damp, but opening up and a blow seemed to reset them.

Do be careful with the tiny window panes of the sensor unit, they are quite fiddly and difficult to put back in when reassembling, or finding them after loosing them into the main unit of the Deebot!

Meryl is back up and running well :robot:

1 Like

Thank goodness for you, I took mine apart completely and couldn’t figure it out but saw your post and realized all the places I was testing it out were very bright. Closed the curtains and bingo, it works.

Yes indeed a little bit of disassembling often helps. :grinning:
And don’t forget to clean the circuit boards before mounting the robot.

A good inspection is really needed after a certain time of use.
There is a lot of dust and debris inside the robot which will create malfunctions.

My eufy 11s’s side brushes started stopping and starting again during cycles. So i dissemble the whole robot with the help of videos on youtube. Inside of it was really dirty so i tried to clean it thoroughly. Then i tried to reassemble it back, but not it is giving me this dirty drop sensor error. I really cleaned them, removed and put back the battery, and there is no sunlight. How can i solve this issue, what can be the problem? My wife’s gonna kill me :worried:

If you are still alive, :grin: you could try to clean the electric plugs ins by contact spray.

This is to anyone that gets this error for the drop sensors!!!. I had the same issue. Mine came error came right after it ran over my dog’s :poop:. Once I was able to clean/disinfect my robot I put all back together. Mind you, I had to open it up removing wheels battery collection tray whole assembly to clean it. Once it was back together i got an error for the wheels. Ordered wheels and new filter kit. Error went away and started getting the error for the drop sensors. I must of opened it 10 times after finally running into a post online. The thing is you just cant only wipe the drop sensors on the outside. You must disassemble it and mainly take the u shape cover that runs behind the bumper that is covering the back of that. You will be surprised on how the dirt and grime gets into everything even under the main board. This has to be done very carefully due handling of the board and carefully disconnecting most of the connectors. Once that is out of the way the plastic trim covering the underside of the sensors will be accessible where you can clean them with a microfiber and if needed a small amount of solution. I sprayed my cloth with window cleaner and just wiped them up and all around in there. I carefully put everything back together and omg did that work. My unit is working like day one again. My unit is a 30c. Had this thing for 4 1/2 years and still working!

1 Like