Does powerport 5 support quick charge?

So on Friday I will be receiving the PowerPort 5. I’m wondering if it will support quick charge for my iPhone, even though it’s not USB-C. It’s 40w, devided between 5 ports for 8w per port. Quick charge for an iPhone is 7.5w.

Thanks in advance!

No it doesn’t. If you had looked at the link you’ve posted, you could of easily seen (Doesn’t support Quick Charge)

3 Likes

:point_up: This in a nutshell pretty much covers it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, but I’m kind of confused. Even if it doesn’t support quick charge, will it still charge my phone at 8w?

No, it’s the same as a normal IQ. 2.4a per port or 8a overall.

So, this will charge my phone exactly the same as my 5w adapter from out of the box?

This charger can output up to 5 volts at 2.4 amps per port. It will charge a little faster than the standard iPhone charger included with the phone (it maxes out at 5 volts at 1 amp = 5 watts), but the iPhone only accepts up to 1.5 amps at 5 volts I believe.

The “fast charge” via Power Delivery is achieved by going above 5 volts, but this charger will only output 5 volts. Therefore, this charger will not be as fast as Power Delivery, but it will be faster than the standard iPhone charger.

1 Like

@ndalby do you know what happened to my other post about the wrong name being listed under a topic? When I click into it I get a page that says I don’t have access to it…

Thanks, I think this helps me understand a little better :joy:.

@Oggyboy thanks for your help as well

1 Like

Topic was closed as it was already covered in the following post under an ongoing issues topic for the community;

2 Likes

Oh thanks. I guess I didn’t it didn’t show up when I searched :man_shrugging: