Do we actually get Experience Level benefits?

http://community.anker.com/power_draw/level

So I’m currently level 15. Which makes me a senior member.

I am not aware that I get early insider information on upcoming contests and deals? Am I not subscribed correctly?

I know Josh @Insider seems to know, of information before the rest of us, but he says not from Anker and I know of the contributor program (itself gone quiet) but I am far from sure if these levels mean anything any longer.

4 Likes

I can’t comment on this, as I am not high enough level to know.

What I do know is that Josh doesn’t get is information, other then from publicly available sources (with a few exceptions, which he always notes in the posts).

Interesting one as the “blurb” certainly alludes to it.
Perhaps its something that fallen by the wayside and needs to be re-implimented @professor

But, other than few of you guys already settled there, it takes forever for us to even jump a level :grimacing:

3 Likes

Indeed!
I don’t have a level I’m trying to achieve, but I know under the current points system I wont be seeing a Senior Member level.
That’s not pessimistic just realistic.
For a new member I hit the forum quite hard and its been 9-10 months of being very active to accrue 9734 Experience Points.
I know my activity will reduce over time as other commitments need more of my time.

1 Like

Let’s hope the new @AnkerOfficial, Pei, can create a regular schedule (maybe once or twice a month) of insider info messaged to senior members.

2 Likes

Yea that’s what I’ve been thinking as well. New point system requires quiet a grind to get level up.

1 Like

Last time I can recall any ‘early’ information was in the early days of being a mod (before contributors etc and it was more to do with the direction of Anker / upcoming things happening here)…otherwise nope, pretty much not much else since then outside of occasional notices of products which have been named having a further delay…which has become common knowledge/practise…

As for the ‘new’ points system (been quite a while now) being a grind, yes its slow (and recommendations were given to allow boosts without exploitation but no dice)… but then again flying up the levels has little impact on the mentioned ‘goodies’ either…it’s more the a goal or a framework of the discourse system in a way :raised_hands:

As for beta tests at Exec/VIP, well…seems chances are better the lower you are, or where you are…

Just my two pennies worth…

2 Likes

I’m not at that level yet and seems like it will probably take a long time before I can finally get there. But I hope you get your insider information soon

If some sensible tweaks are made, it could make it quicker without it becoming a points games for the most likes / posts in a day etc…

2 Likes

Honestly I could just make new threads of discounts or anything else I find interesting but I don’t because I don’t want to blow this forum up like that or make someone feel like I’m farming points. Besides discount threads that I have work better for me as a continuous thread instead of new ones everyday, But yes i feel you and see this community as a different kind of family so come here so have fun and talk to you all

1 Like

Yeah no I appreciate that because it would just be crazy

1 Like

I think the points system was fine before they made the last adjustments

3 Likes

Points system may need to be modified / updated a bit. I agree, the levels don’t really matter once you hit level 7…

I am happy with Beta Testing opportunity provided by Anker so far :innocent::blush: so nothing need to change there…

1 Like