Do cables make a difference?

I just discovered this brand. Did research and great reputation. I bought a big battery.

I am wondering why you sell cables? How can your cable make charging faster?

Great question!

The cables don’t make charging faster. They are extremely durable, and will last a long time! Some of the cables even have lifetime guarantee, so if they break anker will replace them!

Let me know if you have any further questions :grin:

3 Likes

Great answer :thumbsup:

2 Likes

The basic premise of using the fastest charging cables possible is that those cables deliver energy to smartphones as measured in watts. If your cable, and your smartphone fast charging technology, can deliver more watts to a phone’s rechargeable battery, it should take less time to get it fully pumped up.

There are several different methods that chip makers and smartphone manufacturers have created to pump in as many watts as possible, aided by the fastest charging cables. Depends on the cable and technology used on the phone to deliver the power to phone.

Anker is well known for their external batteries and wireless speakers, but they also have a lineup of phone charging cables as well. One of them is its PowerLine II USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable. This is for devices that use the more recent Type-C ports that are becoming more and more prevalent in smartphones, tablets external chargers, and notebooks.

Depending on which device is used, the 3-foot Anker PowerLine II can deliver charging speeds at, in theory, should go up to 100W (5A) of power, although the actual charging speeds will be much less in the real world. If you are also concerned about data transfer speeds, this cable can support transfers of up to 10Gbps. Anker has given this cable a lifetime warranty. However, this cable costs a bit more than other charging cables of the same length. You can get the PowerLine II USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable on Amazon for $19.99.

Ref

3 Likes

I will not argue here, just mentioned what Anker mentions on PowerLine series of cables.

1 Like

Please stop spreading false information, different cable types and how they are made Can effect said charging speed. And no, most cheap gas station cables will NOT fast charg your device as they use smaller internal wires, and do not necessarily adhere to the USB safety ratings.

Also, cable length can effect charging speeds as well.

8 Likes

Are you sure? I was informed the other day by a college professor (don’t attend the college, just an acquaintance), that the cable itself doesn’t matter, just the charger?

Sorry if I was wrong, but someone who I thought was qualified literally told me that a few days ago…

1 Like

@TechMan, we just went over this a few days ago. :sob:

If you’re not sure, it’s best to let others answer.

8 Likes

That’s the thing, I was sure on this one… because I was just told by someone who I Trusted… apparently my surety was wrong… sorry :disappointed::disappointed:

Hmm guess I should go ahead and edit my comment lol :joy:

2 Likes

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses !:wink:

1 Like

And I remember a video where a REAL tech man disassembled cables.
We should not forget those electronic components integrated in the plugs.
High class cables have. The “gas station cables” ( like this expression :joy:) don’t have any.

To cut that story short.
Many of us know this, some obviously not. :wink:

4 Likes

@jedijeff do let us know if this answers your questions, hope this helps you decide on the cables if you plan to get any.

Cable does make difference in charging speed. Also pull up resistor used is critical (especially for trickle charging).

1 Like

I suggest skipping this college professor’s classes :joy:

1 Like

I hope he wasn’t a physics professor.

The thickness and length of cable will ALWAYS affect its performance. Along with quality and oxygen level in the copper wire.

Have you not correlated that quality longer cables are thicker than shorter ones?

3 Likes

No, cables resist electricity, unless they are made of superconductors. The resistance is a function of material, length, and resistance builds up over time, particularly when flexed and the structure fractures and electrons have to “jump” the gaps.

Anker overcomes this in 3 ways:

• in the cable it makes them from a more rigid outer covering which prevents the bend radius getting smaller, this reduces the common cause of the resistance accumulating over time of you can’t make a sharp angle in the cable.
  • at the cable ends they glue the outer sheath to the plug so the outer sheath takes most of the stress off pulling the cable so the wire inside is less stressed and lasts longer
  • In their chargers, “Voltage Boost” they up the voltage a little to see if more current gets through, if it does it holds it there. Voltage drops due to resistance (in fact is one of the few electrical equations). Most devices at the end if they are getting less voltage than they need may boost their current, so if upping the voltage has some benefit its working, otherwise drop it back down to not accelerate wear.

I suspect Anker also uses thicker gauge wire but I can’t tell with the shielding and sheaf.

Whoever is your teacher? Their teaching capability is not sufficiently relative to the pupil’s learning capacity.

5 Likes

1 Like

I’m glad I’ve been avoiding the gas station cables :joy:

Thanks for the info :+1:

I already said, it’s not my teacher…