Discussion about anker technologies

Hi, new member here. I’ve been researching for some time now and have a few questions I’d like to ask before purchasing a new charger for my LG G4 phones (2).

1. Does anybody have any knowledge or know from experience that if I want to charge two phones at the same time would I achieve better results using one brick per phone or 1 dual port brick? I only have access to the 1 wall plug in vicinity to where I’ll be charging said phones. I need both ports on the Anker adapter to be quick charge 2.0 minimum but 3.0 if available.

2. I’ve read that my phones circuitry only supports quick charge 2.0 and even though i can use a 3.0 brick that would have Intelligent Negotiation for Optimum Voltage for efficiency, “charging” would still be at 2.0 rates with added efficiency to counter overheating issues during charging. What I would like to know is that if the Anker power adapters that say Qualcomm quick charge 3.0, does that mean that all the ports are 3.0 or only the ports that are outlined in “Q/lightning bolt/3” symbol? It seems the current lineup doesn’t offer adapters that yield two 3.0 ports.

3. Does the same concept go for Power IQ? Port or whole brick?

4. Is “voltage boost” specific or is that technology on all Anker chargers?

5. in terms of hierarchy of quality or evolution in Anker products in regards to wall chargers am I correct in that it goes as follows: Powerport, Powerport Speed, Powerport +?

6. In regards to the previous question, it seems Powerport Speed models are the best in terms of having all 3 technologies of “quick charge, IQ, and voltage boost” therefore this would be the premium model without the look and feel of the Powerport + body?

7. As others have stated, it’s important to use an Anker wall charger with a good quality micro usb cable, are there cable generations (ex1.0, 2.0) or technologies that make one superior to the other excluding physical characteristics such as reinforced stress points, double braided nylon? I can’t seem to find clear defined charging superiority in one vs. the other.

Most of these “technologies” are not proprietary to Anker or any other charging brand, just fancy names for features that are already part of the USB power standard. Qualcomm QuickCharge and other charge technologies that go beyond the USB port are different and require both the charger and the device to cooperate with each other, those are proprietary.

If your phone accepts a 2.0 amp maximum input charge, then any 2.0A or the now more common, 2.4A, charger will provide the fastest possible charge. If the output ratings are true that is, and most likely they are. VoltageBoost and all are most likely a gimmicky name for something already found in the USB charging standard. Any USB charger (that meets the proper standard and meets or exceeds the max input amperage of your device) will “intelligently” charge your device. Sure there are other factors that affect charging speed/reliability like cable gauge, so it’s always good to invest in a nice USB cable that can actually keep up with the current.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Anything on the specific 7 questions i asked?