Difference between PowerCore Fusion 5000 & PowerPort Elite 2?

I am trying to decide between:

and

Both have 2 USB-A plugs. Both plug into the wall. Except the PowerCore also acts as a battery when it’s not plugged in.Is the output for the PowerCore fusion 5000 2.1 amps PER port (so 4.2 amps total)?

Whereas the PowerPort Elite 2 is 2.4 amps per port, so 4.8 amps total?

For an iPhone 7 or iPad Mini & Pro, the Fusion 5000 will charge them at the same rate as the Power Port Elite 2, right? Saw this table online - looks like the fastest an iPad would normally charge is 2.1 amps.

I would say it comes down to whether or not you want the portable battery feature. Personally, I gave my brother the Fusion a few years ago, he loved it and took it everywhere he went. I’m not very well versed in the field but wouldn’t think you would notice the difference between 4.2 and 4.8 amps when charging.

That’s what I wanted to confirm.

The Fusion does have 4.2 amps total, right? Cause a detailed amazon reviewer said it was 2.1 amps total, not 2.1 amps for each of the 2 ports.

Here are the specs for the Fusion from the product page. It looks like it is 2.1 amps total when plugged in, then 3 amps total when using the battery.

USB Output (when plugged into AC): 5V=2.1A (2.1A Max Each Port)
USB Output (when not plugged into AC): 5V=3A (3A Max Each Port)

Yup, you are right. Now the question is, with which devices will this make an actual difference as far as recharging rate?

Anker support said:

As far as I know, if you charge iPhone 7 (5V/1A) and iPad Mini (5V/1A), the wall charger and Powercore Fusion will charge them at the same rate. But to charge iphone 7 and ipad pro, we do believe the wall charger will charge them faster.

If I were to buy this for someone who has an iPhone XR, would the wall charger and power core fusion charge it at the same rate if the XR was the only device plugged in? And what if it was an XR and an iPhone 6S both plugged in?

No, you likely won’t notice a difference in speed between the two chargers when charging either an iPhone XR or 6S (or even both at the same time). Each phones uses about 1A on the 5V rails.

Sometimes either phone will go up to 2A if the battery is really low, so if you were charging both phones and they were very low, then the PowerPort Elite 2 may be faster in that case (since it could provide 2A to both phones simultaneously).

Hmmm okay. But then doesn’t an iPhone charge faster when it’s hooked up to an iPad charger? So it is able to use more amps?