Did you know this?

This popp d up in my email feed, and was quite surprised (will read it fully later).

I didn’t know they were allowed to do that. I mean I know Google spies on me, cos if the… What did you enjoy about "insert shop name?

But this…

Honestly, I think this is probably just the tip of the iceberg. I believe that the collection, aggregation, and analysis of our personal data is and will continue to be unabatedly leveraged by both the government and private companies in ways we will not be informed about. I think my European friends are probably better off than I and my American friends are in this department thanks to things like GDPR (which is unlikely to happen in the US because all of our legislators are taking money from lobbyists for these companies), but in the end I think we should all live without much expectation of privacy. It will help us be less disappointed when we find out for sure we’ve been spied on.

I mean, you could give up your phone and computer and amazon and google and all that, but more devices are coming that you won’t personally purchase (traffic lights, security cameras, ATM microphones, facial recognition software, other people’s phones, watches, etc) that will compile profiles of you and your behavior anyway. Those profiles will definitely be for sale.

That’s not to say you shouldn’t take reasonable steps to keep your data secure, just don’t expect that you can do it all. That being said, this doesn’t surprise me one bit. :disappointed:

This is most likely a bigger issue than anyone really knows. There was a rumor going around that phones are now made with non-removeable batteries so that you cannot remove it to avoid government if you do wrong. Think there is even software out there that can turn on your microphone for your smart tv and listen to your conversations. Its all too easy anymore and harder to maintain secrecy.

I know if I do a search after talking about something… It comes up as I’m starting to type… Try it if you’re not sure.

In fact, I’m sure it knows what I’m watching too. Cos if I’m watching a crime show, and then go to look up if anyone get caught or punished, it fills out a lot for me… Again… AND NO I don’t have any smart stuff, just my galaxy S8.

If you use a smartphone, you sure do have some Apps on it. And at least one of these apps wants to know your geo data. So you activate your geo data - and everybody has the possibility to get it.

Another thing, most of you may already know: even if you do NOT have an account on F. Book, they get all kind of data: each time you are visiting amazon, google youtube or the big stuff, a dataset goes to facebook. Together with your IP. So we are all under control of sugar mountain.