Cosmos Max 4K keeps losing WiFi Connection

Even tho signal is very good. Says connected, but no internet. If you remove network then register again, it might work for a while, but the problem reappears. Any ideas?

Could be a hardware fault so you’d have to initiate a support ticket

support@seenebula.com

While you do that, the only thought I had is could be a Wifi 2.4Ghz vs 5Ghz type problem. If your router has both 2.4 and 5 SSID the same you don’t really know which it is using, as interference kicks in (microwave oven, etc) in the vicinity then it impacts one of these frequencies more and you’re either disconnected for a period (and reconnect fixes it) or it’s flipping between the two frequencies causing brief issue.

If this thought (may be wrong!) is true, one way to solve is to go to router and change the SSID for 5Ghz (say add -5 to the SSID) then on the projector see if that fixes the problem (you’re now only connecting to 2.4Ghz), if that doesn’t fix then connect on projector the other -5 SSID and see if that fixes it.

In general, 2.4Ghz is more reliable as it penetrates walls better but it suffers more from interference as 2.4Ghz is a common frequency across Wifi, bluetooth, microwave ovens, cordless phones, etc.

2 Likes

Thank you professor,
Your suggestion worked perfectly in my case, on a Cosmos (1080p). No disconnections anymore

1 Like

Did it work for the OP @Caroline_Buck ?

Don’t jinx it saying it worked!

Glad it did for you @Meils but don’t let the projector hear you say it…

Thanks a lot for your quick reply!

Since I am using a community router, I am not allowed to alter the SSID settings myself. None of the many other devices connected apparently has a similar problem, tho.

I will be opening a support ticket and then maybe send it back. What a pity - really like the beamer…

Understood.

I’d always suggest an early support ticket as it usually takes a few iterations to get warranty replacement. This projector is such a high cost, I’d imagine quite the high level of root cause analysis and trying to fix before shipping back.

It would help us here help others later if you do get a fix to reply here with it.

Yes, sure.
I’ll keep you all posted with updates on the issue.

And again: thanks for your fast responses, I really appreciate your help! :+1:t2:

1 Like