Complety dead PowerCore+ 26,800 Power Delivery

I have a completely dead Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD USB-C Portable Charger with Power Delivery Type-C.

IT WILL NOT RECHARGE.

It’s was on my last trip to Cairo that I left the Anker overnight connected via USB-C to charge my 2016 12-inch MacBook. During the night the Anker completely discharged. When I tried to recharge with Apple 29W USB-C Charger nothing happened.

I have recharged the Anker 14 times prior using the same Apple 29W USB-C Charger traveling two and a half times around the world.

Anker will not remedy or replace because I purchased the item on eBay. Anker told me to use Apple’s 87W USB-C Charger. So today I bought the 87W Charger and for one brief second I got ONE little light on the Anker for the first time in a month. But the light went away again.

So where the 29W Charger failed after keeping the Anker charging for 72 hours straight to no avail I’m now trying to leave the Anker charging for the next 72 hours using the 87W Charger.

Has anyone in here ever successfully brougt a dead PowerCore+ 26,800 PD back to life?

Anker refuses to remedy or replace the unit as it was purchased on eBay.

I even tried with eight different USC-C Cables including the original Anker cable and the original Apple MacBook USB-C Cable with the 29W Charger.

Hi @Morten_Vassing , you mentioned you tried a different wall charger but have you tried a different charging cable? Most charging issues are often cable related.

If you have a USB-A to USB-C cable you could also try looping the PowerCore to itself in an attempt to reset the PowerCore. This works with micro USB versions but I can’t see why it might not apply to a USB-C one also…

Try another outlet. If that doesn’t work, plug it into itself.

Take a USB cable and plug that into the output and plug the output into the input. This will reset the battery.

If that doesn’t work, contact eBay or paypal.

Unfortunately buying from 3rd party sellers generally void ones warranty, Anker is not the first to follow this nor will they be the last. Sadly, many people badmouth a company because of this and honestly it’s not the company’s fault. Often times prices play a role in it and sellers know consumers will buy products tha are cheaper, so when they fail it’s often after Ebay and PayPal purchase protection ends leavi g the consumer with a sore taste because the manufacturer will not honor warranty.

Sorry for the trouble you are having, and I sympathize with you. As @ndalby and @TheManWithTheBattery mentioned try looping the pack back into itself to reset the internal mechanisms. Often times if there is a fault or short, be it the charging cable or plug the internal protection will kick in and prevent further damage. Once you reset by plugging it back I to itself try using a lower powered plug, such as one that’s 5v 2.5A…yasir will take forever to charge but it won’t RIP the in internal fault protection

1 Like

If all else fails, you could rip it apart and salvage the 18650 batteries. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJS3m_CGbeY

Then use a 18650 battery charger that can revive 0 volt batteries. You could then use the 18650 batteries for something else. Flashlights? If those 18650 batteries are 3.7v rated, you could use them in vaping devices if you’re into that.

Also check out http://www.xtar.cc/products_detail/productId=189.html 18650 charger + power bank.

1 Like