Coming Soon: PowerWave Pad Lite

Anker is preparing to release a new wireless charger… Take a look at PowerWave Pad Lite!

Capable of just 5W output, PowerWave Pad Lite may be one of Anker’s most affordable wireless chargers.

Are you still interested in a wireless charger capable of just 5W output? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

7 Likes

I don’t see why it’s worth designing a 5w only wireless charger.
Surely from a design, manufacturing, packaging and marketing perspective it would be more cost effective to make just one wireless charger (pad and stand) to cover all?

5 Likes

If it comes with a powerbrick (built in is even okay), and a cable, and the price is around $10-$12 then I think it would be a good product.

Most people only charge over night anyway, so speed doesn’t matter. At this price you can also afford to put on in the kitchen, in the living room by the couch, in the den etc. etc.

2 Likes

Yea I honestly think they have enough charging pads and stands already. Creating a new one is really unnecessary unless it’s an upgrade over the current one

2 Likes

I agree :grinning::+1:

2 Likes

Its really a question of the price.
A colleague of mine at the university used that type of charger on his desk during the day.
After a while he was really used to leave his phone on this wireless charger.
Discipline! charger on the same place, phone on the same place all easy to find! :rofl:

My beloved wife is always searching for her phone!
Left somewhere in the house!!!

1 Like

Wireless charging pads… this market is too crowded, there has to be something more to it than plain wireless pad.

5W, i already have one, what would it take (what does this wireless device have) to move existing users like me to get this?

3 Likes

I think they are wasting time and resources creating this item. I personally don’t think they will profit much from this

6 Likes

Indeed, there are so many other things to care about. ->
Improving the items which sell well! :grinning:
Not always creating some “new gadgets” nobody really needs.
Lost time, lost man power!

3 Likes

Guess it’s either a wireless charger, a powerline cable or another hub lol

1 Like

Yep been a few recently

I see the Pad Lite, Pad, Stand, 7.5 Stand.

The Pad Lite

https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/9738

Then the Pad

Stand, with or without charger.

1 Like

To be honest, it’s not something that interests me due to 5W.

Nice design though. But make them 7.5W to 15W

2 Likes

I tend to only use wireless charging for convenience over longer periods, like overnight (I’ve damaged too many cables trying to turn off my alarm in a morning) or on my desk during meetings in the day, so 5W isn’t a problem. However my biggest problem with wireless pads isn’t the power but their looks. I have a black desk so not a problem their, but I don’t want to have black or white pads cluttering up surfaces around the house. Whoever can design a charging pads that looks good when not in use will get my money.

1 Like

@pfrodsham

Best looking pad imho

1 Like

Hit FCC

1 Like

Like you said, speed really isn’t a factor if you are utilizing this on a night stand while your sleeping. The faster one’s can be utilized in areas you are looking for quick charges. I do like the design on this pad compared to the other similar formed ones.

1 Like

Result:
You have such chargers at different places.
Not easy to find the phone after being placed on one of that chargers somewhere. :rofl:

2 Likes

Story of my life…

Wife: “Honey can you bring me my phone”
Me: “Okay, where is it?”
Wife: “I don’t know”
Me: :rage:

3 Likes

Smartwatch!

The find-my-phone feature.

1 Like

That reduces it sometimes lol Not helpful when she doesn’t have it on :upside_down_face:

1 Like