Coming Soon: PowerPort 2-Port 38W with VOOC

Anker is preparing to release its first wall charger with VOOC… Take a look at PowerPort 2-Port 38W with VOOC!

Specs

• 18W USB-C PowerIQ 3 Output
  • 20W USB-A VOOC (Voltage Open Loop Multi-step Constant-Current Charging) Output for Fast Charging Compatible OPPO Devices
  • 63 * 62 * 29 Millimeters
  • 102 Grams

Pricing and Availability: Anker’s PowerPort 2-Port 38W with VOOC will be available to order soon from Amazon. Feel free to speculate on what you think the cost might be.

What are your thoughts on Anker’s first wall charger with VOOC? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

ICYMI: Anker recently released its first car charger with VOOC:

5 Likes

I don’t have an Oppo phone, so this doesn’t really apply to me.

I don’t really understand why it has PIQ3 and VOOC though… I would think just VOOC would be better…

1 Like

Thanks for the update @Insider

I think it would be beneficial to add what is VOOC to the main thread.

The VOOC (Voltage Open Loop Multi-step Constant-Current Charging) Flash Charging system is a rapid-charge technology created by OPPO Electronics, which, at present, is able to charge certain OPPO devices from 0 to 75% in just 30 minutes (Wikipedia)

Is this specific for Oppo devices or does it have any benefit for Apple devices (or any other) ?

1 Like

Could you give me a quick crash course or a good link on VOOC info? Since you said it is better than PIQ3 AND VOOC together.

Edit: Nvm saw Shenoy and I typed at the same time so just saw it

Gotta have that USB-C though!

OPPO for sure; maybe Huawei, too?

Of course, PowerIQ 3 can fast charge most other mobile devices.

I think VOOC is technically superior to Power Delivery as it moves the DC-DC conversion from the phone to the charger so the phone is cooler.

Cells naturally during recharge raise their voltage needs and lower their current needs, so the perfect charger does exactly that.

Most phones tell the charger to take a fixed voltage and slowly lower their current, they then must do the DC-DC conversion in the phone, that means the power inefficiency heat by-product is within the phone, but with VOOC it is outside the phone.

The difference is the thermal throttling of use of a phone competes less with charging, so the average performance can be higher while charging.

It also means you can push more Watts, recharge faster, as you have less heat from the cells to compete with the heat from voltage conversion.

A technically superior approach.

USB PD can head a similar way with PPS.

Is VOOC similar to OnePlus Dash charging but with different name?

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

Hey people,
It’s been a year since the “coming soon” announcement.
I can not find the “… with VOOC” charger anywhere.

Is there any news on VOOC (or SuperVooc) chargers?

Cant find it anywhere either. Has it been launched? An with EU plug?

Must’ve been abandoned