Coming Soon: Astro | Nebula’s First Mini Projector Made for Kids!

Nebula is developing its first mini projector made for kids… Take a look at Astro!

Specs

• Brightness: 100 ANSI Lumens
  • Resolution: 480p
  • Item Weight: 14.1 ounces
  • Product Dimensions: 3.5 * 3.2 * 3.6 inches

I should be able to report the Bluetooth version soon (hopefully it is 5.0).

What are your thoughts on Nebula’s first mini projector made for kids? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

5 Likes

I’d want to understand what makes this ‘kids’ beyond it being a repackaged first-gen Capsule (is making it ball-shaped wise?)
In particular, if it has the ability to stream online content, does it have parental restrictions?

1 Like

First thing first… Ugly shape :nauseated_face:

Specs look like Capsule… not sure if we need this model… unless the price is under $100

To make it truly kids projector, is it strong enough for falls, throws? Or do parents need to set it up? Portable with battery or power connected?

Thanks for sharing @Insider

3 Likes

What if they painted it like a Pokemon ball? :stuck_out_tongue: I would hope that the price is affordable especially if it’s for kids.

3 Likes

What kids need is very cheap things so when they ruin it, the worst is not as bad.

All of these Nebula products been pricey. Kids may be better with a dumb $99 product.

1 Like

Reminds me of the football alarm clocks you throw against the wall to silence the alarm :laughing:

Being designed for kids, I hope this has the same level of resilience :grin:

3 Likes

I think level 2 in the picture below would be a better shape both visually and making the projector easier to place on uneven surfaces without rolling for example ceiling viewing

Ideally the projector would be magnetic on multiple sides (it appears to be small and light enough) but I can see how this could lead to it own set of problems most mostly Wi-Fi/Bluetooth interference.

2 Likes

3 Likes

That is what it exactly reminded me of!!

Thanks for sharing @Insider hope kids will like it and not heavy for parents $$ :wink:

1 Like

I keep this on my desk for daily charge with regular use now… absolute masterpiece from Anker Nebula

The design has an old feel to me

2 Likes

Nebula range seem to have lost their way sadly…

2 Likes

For some reason o don’t see this item selling too good

4 Likes

All we wanted was a brighter, 1080p Nebula Mars portable projector. Why is Anker going down this path?

4 Likes

Thanks for the update… @Insider

1 Like

480p resolution is far to low, this needs 1080p at such low ansi rating. I’ll be glad they bumped it up to 200 ansi, but such low resolution will still make the picture all grainy

2 Likes

@Shenoy, @Tank, @TheDude, others, I was mistaken. Astro is still 100 ANSI lumens, and the operating system is Android 7.1. I apologize for the mistake. Bluetooth is also version 4.2, not 5.0.

Should be enough for the kiddos but the price has to be right.

1 Like

Dang, thats low ansi rating and low resolution… I will pass on this for my neices and nephews.
In the light of all the 4K tvs and what not, we are all spoiled by picture clarity and what not. So I couldn’t justify this

3 Likes