Charging phone all night is it ok or not?

Hi there, i usually charge my phone when i want to go to sleep around 10.00 pm and i use Anker 6 port charger, i charge it overnight until tomorrow i wake up at 08.00 am, in my assumption, please correct me if i am wrong Anker charger will stop charge when the battery is already full , is it correct or not ?
and my other question is it ok to charge the phone overnight or not ?

your kindly help will be very appreciated

1 Like

Charging your phone overnight is fine. Your phone will actually stop pulling in power when it is full, but may trickle charge occasionally as the charge falls to 99%, 98%, etc.

Here are some additional details:

11 Likes

Great article! Thanks for the info

2 Likes

Yes, it’s completely safe. Your device will stop charging when it’s full

sure, it’s ok :wink: but if I can I take it off if is full (when wake up for going to the bathroom :laughing:)

Its been answered here already but I leave mine plugged in all night even if I go to bed and its 90 to 100%. My LG G4 is junk and happens to burn down battery over night. I have some apps that help speed the drain up so I prefer not to wake up to a phone that is 30% charged that I need most of the day.

Its spends a lot of time on a charger or battery pack without issues.

It’s fine to leave your phone connected to a charger all night but the battery will last longer if you only charge it to 99%. I unplug my phone at 99% percent when ever I can. I also try to avoid levels below 20% but I do fully discharge to 0% once every month or two for battery maintenance. Charging at a lower current will also make your batteries last longer.

This article is pretty informative
http://batteryuniversity.com/en/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries/subscribe_thx

You should try backing up you phone doing a factory reset and getting a Anker lg g4 replacement battery. Your battery should not drain overnight. Sounds like one or more of the apps you are using is killing your battery and or your battery has gone bad. I would only reinstall the apps that you really want or need. The Facebook app and Facebook messenger are notorious for draining batteries. I go to chrome browser whenever I use Facebook on my phone. Hopefully this helps you out I know how frustrating it can be to reach for your phone and the battery is dead.

Amazon Anker lg g4 replacement.
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Battery-3000mAh-Replacement-Li-ion/dp/B01DETMITY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1516748466&sr=8-3&keywords=anker+lg+g4+battery

Hi @Lasika, it’s OK to charge the phone all night. What is not okay is to put your phone on a very cold condition. You may read these two articles :grin:

Have YOU Been Charging Your Phone Correctly?

How to Protect Your Batteries in Winter?

2 Likes

@Jesse_Hernandez1 great suggestion on a replacement battery, I need to order one for the Galaxy S5 I’m currently using

I wish all the companies weren’t moving away from removable backs and easily swappable batteries. It was nice being able to swap a dead battery with a fully charged one. Hopefully they make a resurgence when people who bought a phone in the last year or two start to complain about what a pain it is to open these new phones up or how expensive labor is in a repair shop. I know the fully sealed models are mostly to help with water tightness but I feel like there are plenty of options that would keep the phones water tight and be easier to work on.

@elmo41683 just make sure you purchase from Anker directs store on amazon. I have bought replacement batteries in the past that ended up being cheap knock-offs that did not last long.

@Jesse_Hernandez1 trust me I know. I brought the batteries for my mom’s s3 for her before and I will be ordering a new one for myself soon. Trust, always order from Anker direct or via anker.com only. I’m not made if money so can’t afford to buy cheap knockoffs

1 Like

thank you so much @AnkerOfficial

thank you so much really nice article

I do this every night and never thought anything of it. Thanks for the great content.

[quote=“Jesse_Hernandez1, post:11, topic:58268, full:true”]
I wish all the companies weren’t moving away from removable backs and easily swappable batteries
[/quote]As long as people want/feel the need for the “thinnest phone in the world” and companies comply (and bend over backwards) with this, swappable batteries may be very few and far between. How thin of a phone is going to be thin enough? The thickness of a credit card maybe? And at what kind of battery-life price?

The “thinness factor” plays a huge role in what type of battery is engineered into the device. Swappable batteries will nearly always result in a thicker phone due to removable doors/door tabs, electrical contacts and physical interfacing between battery and device, etc.

1 Like

Thinner and weaker

Enough already I would rather have a strong easily fixable phone that won’t end up I a landfill in a couple of years. Talk about planned obsolescence.

On the plus side Apple did finally get curved screens :joy:

2 Likes