Chargers: Plane Issue

I used to purchase Anker wall chargers and switched to desktop because of use on planes. For whatever reason, I have noticed that airplane outlets are “loose” and plugs do not fit well. Would be great for Anker to have some way to counteract that or compensate for that. I have sat in first, business and coach, and they are all the same - American, Delta, Air Canada.

Wall plugs fare the worst because of the weight balance. Desktop chargers with their more “normal” plug do better. Anything Anker can do to remedy this when the pandemic is over and people start traveling would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Sounds like your best bet is to carry a power bank

Hey @dan126 I think it may be down to the high usage the sockets get, lots of plugging in and unplugging. At home I very rarely unplug anything.
Depending on what devices your looking to power/charge @ikari04warrior has a great solution in using a PowerBank.

I’m familiar with the problem.

This is highly aircraft dependent but what you may be encountering is the socket is international meaning the two vertical narrow slots have become wider to accommodate pins at angles. In this situation the most stable is a UK plug as it has 3 square pins and is much harder to fall out. Consider your wall charger but with a UK C8 cord.

However I agree @ikari04warrior, Anker has been steadily making higher capacity Powercore with ample power for a long flight which recharge overnight. They also pose less risk as you’re not attached the aircraft for anyone to pull on the cord as they move and pull your device with it.

The most long haul flight friendly Powercore is the 26800 dual 12W A input, it’s the lowest cost, recharges overnight and has 3 ports so you can sit and keep phone/tablet/buds going typically well over 24 hours. 3 ports also typically means you’re charging the nearby passenger phone too (although with the virus I doubt you’ll have nearby anyone). It is an old design so alternative would be the current 20000 PD essential, it recharges overnight and needs a 18W PD port. But be aware if you use both ports it’s only 15W which is less than the 26800 dual input 3 output.

Socket may look like this now (example illustration photo)

download

And notice how volumeness and fall-out it looks compared to

electricity-tiles-type-A-200-px

1 Like