Can you use PowerCore+ 26800 45w PD with S10+

I just purchased the PowerCore+ 26800 mAh Portable Charger. I am wondering if I can use the USB-C PD port to charge my Galaxy S10+ without damaging it. I am thinking it will charge faster if I use the PD plug???

No you can’t damage by trying.

https://www.inviolabs.com/blogs/news/three-fast-charging-protocols-samsung-s10-charging-test.

I’m seeing 15W charger and so 18W is no faster, supports 9V, so it looks like it will work but no faster or slower than the supplied charger.

If you didn’t use the PD port then you’d get 10W. So the PD port is 50% faster then Type A port, as it increases from 10W to 15W.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me so quick professor. Unfortunately don’t really understand your reply. If I plug my phone into the PD outlet of my charger that’s 45 Watts charging my phone. I’m trying to find out if that will hurt the phone

No it won’t do any harm.

You won’t damage your S10+

As said, no harm to your S10+. You will not get as fast of a charge as you do with your phone’s included wall charger. But it will still fast charge it at a lower rate.

For maximum charge speed the Samsung Galaxy Note S10 series uses USB PD 3.0 PPS (Programmable Power Supply) for their highest speed charging technology. To reach your phone’s fastest possible charge rate you need a charger that supports very specific power profiles under that standard. For the 25W speed you have a few options other than Samsung chargers. For the 45W speed you have to stick with Samsung’s own charger for now. Please note the 45W PPS charger only charges the phone ~5-10 minutes faster than the 25W PPS charger.

None of Anker’s wall chargers or power banks currently support PPS. But your phone also supports USB PD without PPS, which “fast charges” it but not as fast. The difference is 0-50% in 30 minutes vs 0-70% in 30 minutes. You do not need a 45W power bank to get this result. Any of Anker’s USB-C PD power banks will offer the same charge rate. The higher wattage is not a factor, as the phone limits itself to 15-18W without PPS.

Thank you very much I appreciate the reply

Thank you for posting something like this