Can I use my 5V 1A iPhone charger, to charge my new Anker 20100 Powerbank?

Just received the Anker PowerCore 20100, and can see in the little booklet it asks for an input of 5V 2A. My apple iPhone charger (5V 1A) seems to charge it just fine. I’m probably going to get an Anker 2A charger anyway, but id just like to know if i’m safe to use my iPhone charger for now. I’m assuming it will charge the power bank slower, but will it be safe. Appreciate any responses, thanks in advance

2 Likes

Yeah it’s safe. The only thing I would be concerned about is putting too much power into the Powerbank :wink:

You can use he charger but it will take a really long time for it to charge that size powerbank. You really need a charger with at least 5v 2.5a

2 Likes

I second it, Per specs, this needs a input 5V/2.4A for charging

If you are planning to get an Anker Charger, would suggest you go for Anker PowerPort+ Atom III (2 Ports) , both the USB-C as well as USB-A ports provide the 5V / 2.4A for charging

That’s good to know, I’ll probably buy an Anker charger, but it’s nice to know I’m safe for now.

Yes, but it’s going to take a long time to charge fully.

Yes, that is perfectly safe, but please note that it will take about 20 hours to fully recharge.

1 Like

20hrs! Wow!

1 Like

I would not under charge electronics.

Heats up the charger

Heat and electronics are not always good together
Also may affect battery life