Bodyhacking

Was just watching a story about bodyhacking on the BBC News site.
There was a guy with his travel card implanted in his hand, and I know there was a company in Europe who were offering to implant employees with a chip to get through security doors, so my question is would you every consider this? Or I suppose any other form of body modification i.e horns, pointed ears etc

There was a post not so long ago about google pay and everyone was discussing how they find the convience of contactless payments be that through their phone or watch, but what about if you could get an implant to do the same. Would you do it? Obviously there would have to be some kind of secondary security aspect to making payments, but I would honestly consider it.

Maybe something not inside or under the skin, but above the skin, something like smart skin.

No body hacking for me. But I do have a ring on order that has built in NFC so I can set and program it for certain functions. I plan on using it to unlock my phone as well as contact less payments via Google

1 Like

Not for me thanks. Could already face god knows how many medical procedures in the course of ones life, without voluterining to have something implanted…

Would make future mugging’s more frightening…

1 Like

I’ve had so many procedures already (approx 20) that the thought of an implant doesn’t bother me.

HOWEVER, as a believer in Jesus n god, I couldn’t possibly have that in my body… Mark of the devil :smiling_imp: n all that.

Just my PERSONAL belief.

Given the number of times I’ve forgotten my door access badge, I’ve considered having it implanted! :joy:
But I don’t think I would ever go through with it.

2 Likes

I went for a job interview (bugger, must be about 25 years ago) and when I was shown around the building, the manager I was being g interviewed by had a tiny lapel type pin badge, which not only let him access the various offices, it also opened the doors.

It wasn’t a huge company, but I was impressed with that, as I’d heard of tech like that, but being in rural England, had never seen it.

I had worked for the Ministry of Defense, and despite being.in the tech dept, we didn’t have that, not even voice control or fingerprint doors, just standard analogue keypad entry.

Ssshhh, (this was over twenty years ago) even the most secure part of where I worked, had a buzzer/speaker entry system… Push buzzer n speak, person lets you in! What I did love for that section was… You pushed the buzzer n spoke (I got.your new desktop unit to.replace your older model)… I was told to stay put, then I heard it, and was grinning ear to ear… The whine of an old lift, and heavy foot steps along a corridor, some more electronic buzzing g sounds as they walked through doors n more corridor walking, until they got to where I was. They took the new desktop unit, told me to.come back in 15 mins, to receive the old unit… Which I did. It was just like a scene from a 60s film (so I imagined anyways).

Isn’t that what the Apple Watch and Smartphones already does? :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve often wondered about this myself, guess I watch too much sci-fi movies :stuck_out_tongue: Hahaha. I think at this stage, it’s too soon and early for it. It the Netflix show, Altered Carbon, the guy uses spit (DNA) to pay for stuff. I can actually see something like this happening in the future but in the far future. Very neat concept but I don’t think I would volunteer to get any implant anytime soon. And when they do implement this, it would definitely have to have several stages of security. Btw, love that movie @ndalby. One of my favorites in fact.

Nothing implanted for me. I’m allergic to people cutting, stabbing and putting foreign objects in my body that aren’t needed.

A lot of these new smart technologies already track way to many of our lives as it. I’m adding smart devices and smart payment options (via phone/watch) when it becomes a little more secure and more vendor start carrying this option. I do plan on adding smart lighting, sensors, and few other things. I just got my smart thermostat.

I read somewhere that one of the latest smart coffee maker well send updates to the manufacturer and partner marketing research groups 800 to 900 times a day even if you aren’t home!

I mean back mirror shows what could happen. I’m sure that I don’t want it yet.

I fear pain…so I can’t accept to implant something into my body…:joy:.
I usually make a payment through my phone, It’s very convenient and secure.:sunglasses:

I don’t think so. With how long electronics last these days (except Anker products, of course!), it/they would need repaired to often!

Only so very little off topic…

Women have the chip. It’s an implant instead of the pill. Very useful for those that can’t get pregnant (yes I did say that n mean it) for various reasons.

Also some just forget to take the pill, so good for them.

Keeping to medical…
I know there are some new medication n treatments for various cancers that use an implant. I know there’s one for prostate cancer, that gives off female hormone to help.

Sadly this arrived broken and the company ended up giving me a refund because they filed for bankruptcy. There are other companies that make NFC rings now so I may look into those.
But still, no body hacking for me

I saw something during the week on my Facebook about a guy from US that had nfc implant into the back of his hand. This was used for numerous things like starting his motorcycle, opening his front door, accessing his safe etc

I must admit it did look pretty cool - although he had horns purely for the look with weren’t so cool lol

I’ve seen them rings about and wondered if they’re ok?

Does it vibrate to notify ornisnit something you can choose?