Best wireless earbuds and Bluetooth headphones for phone calls - Anker SoundCore Liberty Air 2 Featured!

Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 featured as best value!!

Best Value

Anker Liberty Air 2

If you can’t afford the AirPods Pro, the Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2 ($100) are a good alternative and a top model for calls. Like the AirPods Pro, they do a remarkably good job of muffling ambient noise (callers said they could hear me fine even with a lot of street noise around me). While they don’t have active noise canceling, they sound nearly as good, fit comfortably and their noise-isolating design passively seals out a lot of ambient noise.

1 Like

I own the Life P2. How do they compare to Air 2 on call quality?

1 Like

My Liberty Air 2 arrived today. It’s fully charged and ready to go.

I wish I had time to test it against the other wireless earbuds in our household (Liberty Air 1, Liberty Neo, Airpods 1) as I will be travelling this weekend. Or maybe I should cancel travel and stay home??? Damn COVID-19 …

So far I love that the Air 2 can charge USB-C and wirelessly. I hate the way it pairs to the phones because both earbuds show up (R & L) as separate devices and it’s confusing. If it weren’t for YouTube instructions, specifically comments by Shaphyna Nacqiar, then I might be cursing up a storm.

1 Like

@professor i have the L2p, Life P2, and the La2…i prefer the life p2 for phone calls as it not only connects faster but callers never seem to know im using earbuds, but with the others they can generally tell im using earbuds or a headset.

1 Like

OK I liked the P2 so well I bought another set in another £33 lightning deal, they’ll be gifted to the next person who has an obvious need / benefit.

So given you say the P2 is better, why would someone pay extra £$ for these Air2?

The biggest flaw of the P2 is you cannot swap devices on the buds. I spent about 2 years with the Slim wired around my neck with one bud in an ear and if I swap devices I press+hold+up+down and it goes into pairing mode. The P2 I have to disconnect on the device from connected to then connect to a differnet device, so swapping devices is harder.

But the L and R is out-the-box trivial, you pick up the right bud and it pairs it and offers the L bud automatically, non-geeks may be a little confused but just saying OK to all the questions it does it all for you automatically. Easy.

Trivial? Maybe. But it looks like an error because the dialogue message that it shows is that it failed to connect (and this is the CORRECT response since the L bud is actually pairing to the R bud). This is a bad UX.

Also, wanting to swap devices on the earbuds is fine. But they (not just Anker but everyone) should have made the UI more like the Logitech MX Anywhere 2 (image below). I don’t want the earbuds to “automatically” switch devices.

mx

You have the advantage over me on the Air 2 experience.

Of all the BT buds/headphones I have owned, for me the way Bose QC35 does it is best, it attempts to connect to all it was ever paired with from most recent to last and can connect to two devices concurrently. So can at least swap with nil effort between 2 devices, or with less effort across 3 or more devices.

The way the Slim and all my other wired BT buds from Anker did it of a button to put back into pairing mode was tolerable. The way it does it does on my Life P2 is annoying as I have to handle the device I am not wanting to use.

I get around on foot and bike, the P2 is doing a reasonable job on foot but I feel quite unsafe on a bike they’ll fall out, so it seems to be settling down to walking with P2 and biking with my wired Slim round-neck. I tend to also bike with my phone and tend to walk with my 8.4" tablet so it seems to be settling my P2 paired with my tablet and my Slim with phone.

But I only owned wireless buds for a week so learning…

You have so many BT earbuds … LOL … wait I also have 4 at the moment, and they’re all Anker/Soundcore (Air, Air 2, Neo, SoundBuds Slim+). I’m getting rid of the Air 1 and Neo though, and keeping Air 2 and the Slim+. Getting rid of = hand me down to relatives.

Whenever I paired 1 set of earbuds with multiple devices, the earbuds would always connect to the “other” device and not the device that I wanted to use. The only way to force earbuds to one device would be to shut off BT on the other device then manually connect to the desired device. So now I use the earbuds dedicated to one device only. I like it better this way.

1 Like

I have two Anker Slim, Anker Life P2, and Bose QC35. Slim has been around my neck for 2 years. Last 6 months I had two Slim and just swapped between them as one recharged.

Yes I can BT to specific device pairing is both easier and probably typical.

1 Like

Is there anyone who actually vouch for these earbuds comparing to galaxy buds?