Battery Video Doorbell 1080P motion issue...!

Hi, I have the battery video doorbell 1080P.
It is hanging near the front door overlooking the driveway.
I sometimes get a motion alert when a truck is driving by on the road, appox. 10 meters away,
It is giving correct “human” alerts when detected, so far, so good…
But:
Very strange, it does not give motion alerts when I drive in and out the driveway with our cars, coming as close as 2 meters from the doorbell and going on the road…
Only when I step out it is seeing me and it gives a human alert.
So, the question is: Why does it not see our cars driving in and out the drieway?
BTW: Both cars are black…
Anyone? Thanks!

As with most cameras pickup generally has to be across the plane of view. So it will pickup cars driving by as its going across the sensors where as your car is driving toward or near the sensor. To get a better recording it should be placed at an angle across where you want it to record so all images pass its plane of view

Maybe… But, as you can see on the picture, a car is parket on the right side. To get out, I reverse backward to go out and make a left turn to the road. So, it passes the sensor totally across…
The other car is parked on the left side of the house, to get out I have to make a left turn to get on the driveway.
Thus, in both scenarios there is movement across from left to right or vice versa.
And of course forward / backwards…
But NO motion alerts… Maybe AI recognises our cars? That would be to smart…