Audio feedback on phone

Recently purchased a Classic Speaker. Sound quality is great on the speaker. However when in a phone call, the other party hears a distorted voice when they stop speaking. Sounds fine to me. Problem occurred on both Verizon and Spectrum phone service. What is causing problem on other end.

I should have said that they hear me fine. Their feedback happens a few seconds after they stop speaking.

Have you tried the call on a lower volume?

I don’t know how portable speakers work but I believe it detects when the person is talking and slightly disables the microphone to prevent a feedback loop…once they stop talking it re-enables it fully to pick up your voice and silences the speaker. Since its a speaker…you wouldn’t be with your mouth right on it so it’ll have to be sensitive enough to register your voice at a distance…so between that change in TX and RX there may be a slight second where they’re both working at the same time. I am not aware on where this type of problem is worse or better in other devices. On my fathers Galaxy S5 when he has it on speaker…he has to yell sometimes to hear him well, as if the phone “dims” the microphone so the speaker output doesn’t go back into the mic. (hopefully I’m making some sense)

Hi @nancydickwebb , sorry to hear your having issues with your speaker. Have you tried pairing your speaker again with your phone to see if the issue resolves? Should pairing again and/or trying a lower volume failing to resolve, please feel free to reach out to support@anker.com with your serial and purchase date so they will be able to assist you further with troubleshooting or replacement of your speaker if determined to be faulty.

Thanks for the info. Please recognize that the problem is on the other end of the call, not with my end. The speaker works fine for me.

Barring a fault with the other party’s phone, the main point of failure between the two would be your speaker hence why I recommended pairing again to rule out a bad connection during the original pairing process. Might be worth a shot in the interim if you have already reported the fault to support@anker.com