Apple Targeting Lower Markets?

I know this isn’t Anker related, but lately it seems like Apple is starting to attack the lower end of the market. They used to always be a premium only product company for a premium price, but product releases (and their pricetags) in the last year are very notable. I’ll provide four examples.

AirPods (2016): $159 (most of the direct competition cost more)
Apple Watch Series 1 (2016): $269 (I’m considering getting one of these. Does anyone have one that would be willing to share their thoughts? If so, what do you use it for and is it worth it?)
9.7" iPad (5th generation) (2017): $329 (at launch, this is Apple’s most affordable iPad - of any size - EVER!)
iPhone SE (2016): $399 (it’s the cheapest iPhone Apple has ever offered, including after the launch price is discounted)

Their refurbished store has also blown up recently, now including iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, Apple TVs, iPods, and Apple Watches. What do you guys think? Obviously, they still offer premium models, too! Haha.

Airpods arent necessarily the lower end of the market I would say. For their size Id say they are a little overpriced.

As for an apple series 1 watch I would just wait to get the series 2 if you cant afford it at its’ current price. The apple series 1 lacks lots of very useful features The most annoying thing was the lack of accuracy of the HR sensor. On runs it would work 10-20% of the time once you started sweating forget it it was just a watch at that point. Another reason why I dumped the series 1 for the 2 was for the GPS function Overall they both had mediocre battery life although the series 2 has marginally better battery life.

Ok. Thanks! I included the AirPods because they are cheaper then the majority of their competition.

What do you mean for their size? I assume you mean they’re too large in that they hang out of the ears too obsessively for your liking?

No they are tiny, in literal size and for the price I just think there are better options out there. I see AirPods as mainly for the hardcore apple fan that “has” to have the latest and greatest. Regardles they are cool though no denying that!

What are some cheaper alternatives?

I said better not cheaper. But for me I have been using $20 Jarv over the ear headphones going on 3 years now for daily 4+ mile runs. So AirPods arent practical for everyone especially not runners. Sweat and the bumps of the road will surely make you lose atleast one earpod.

And Id still appreciate it if you can answer the question I asked about which bluetooth speakers are superior in your eyes.

Lol that’s why I said they’re attacking a lower market vs the direct competition and you said they’re overpriced

Forget it…:expressionless: