Apple Airpods Max Introduced

$549 is too rich for me but still something to look for in future

1 Like

What’s lacking in existing Soundcore this fills?

It can easily drain out your existing bank balance :slight_smile:

Kidding aside, I like that it has transparency mode and ANC. Will see how good it is though?

2 Likes

To be completely honest, I think this will drive up prices, and not benefit anyone but Apple.

Take a look at the Sony WH-1000xm4. It’s around $350 (or less on sale), offers ANC and transparency mode, and has NFC pairing to go with its amazing sound. The AirPods Max (why airpods? it’s only a single unit) also does have spacial audio, but time will tell how good that really is.

It’ll be interesting to see how Apple markets this pair of headphones, whether it’s “pro-grade with a price to match” or “It’s worth more than the price.”

I do like my Apple products but my jaw dropped when I saw the Canadian pricing this morning.

A whopping $779 CAD.

I’m not a huge audio enthusiast so I cringe at the idea of dropping hundreds of dollars for headphones but I couldn’t possibly see the general user ever spending that kind of money on these.

1 Like

I’ll stick to Soundcore lol

I can neither confirm nor deny that its ANC and transparency mode is about on par with Sony WH-1000XM4, I would dare say they are equal to the Bower and Wilkins P7. but more expensive

I’m not against paying extra to get extra. What does this do my Q30 don’t?

The only thing my Q30 doesnt do well is ANC, and I know because I have Sony $350 headphones to compare with.

2 Likes

So you have this under NDA?

1 Like

Lol my first response tbh. But I would say ANC on Q30 could be weaker than Airpods Max. But is that worth almost $500? Definitely don’t think so

Lol Apple pulled this price tag out of their asses :rofl:

1 Like

$549??? Nah thanks I’ll wait for the Soundcore alternative (hopefully with a tweaked design) :grin:

1 Like

looks like somebody is testing these :wink:

1 Like

Sony is on the top of the market with noise canceling tech. I doubt these are better

1 Like

Also what’s up with the case! It doesn’t cover the whole headset

@professor @kumar.sachin I’m not testing these, although I did get to hear how they sound and honestly I wouldn’t mind testing them.

2 Likes

Don’t worry we were having some fun :rofl:

Bahahaha that’s the accurate answer

1 Like