Anyone else being blocked from writing reviews on Amazon?

If you are ir were a prime member it’s worth giving them a call and explaining your case.seeing as you paid to use their services and features most people have had their reviews reinstated, myself included.

I was banned by amazon.de.
I made a call
(much better than to write an email which will be stored in “Nirwana” and never been handled)
Being very polite and “humble” :joy: I could convince the lady that it was quite a mistake to ban me and all my reviews showed up again.
No it seems I’m no more blacklisted and can write what I want.

1 Like

How long did it take before your reviews appeared again? This happened to me and I contacted Amazon this morning via chat and they said there was no reason it should have happened and that they would send a form to their community standards dept to have it fixed… They said 2 to 3 days but I am still wondering if anything will be done… especially with how Amazon has been with everything lately. What was your experience?

It took a while, may be there are official channels for clearing. :smile:

Have you got the phone number (email) of the person you talked to?
I got it, though the lady told me she was not allowed to give. :wink:
But I never used that contact, because all went well.

1 Like

No. Just a screenshot of the chat. I couldn’t call because I’m at work. So at least there is written proof it’s supposed to be fixed within 3 days… we will see I guess haha.

1 Like

3 days! :grinning:
You will be happy if its done within a week.
But I am sure it will be done.

Hopefully. I trust Amazon less and less these days lol.if I didn’t buy sooo much stuff from them I would just cancel my prime acct with all the issues lately. Haha

Similar situation happened to me, but I think the difference with my reviews is that I review all the products I buy, not just my Anker buys. They did investigate me for a while, but I haven’t had issues since they arbitrarily decided that I post reviews across all purchases. And never mention that you are part of the Anker community or you get stuff for free or discounted through Anker. This way your reviews still get posted to help out other customers decide to try these outstanding products.

Some “buy” the products and are refunded by the seller after they publish their positive reviews.