AnkerWork Video Bar B600 USB-C Cable speed

Hello community - I would like to know the following:
What is the speed of the USB-C to USB-C cable that is included with the AnkerWork Video Bar B600 please? I’m not sure if the speed of the cable is USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1 Gen1, USB 3.1 Gen2, etc.?

Right now, since my computer is pressed for USB-C ports, I decided to use an Anker USB-C to USB-A 3.0 cable to connect the video bar and that worked fine - but it’s not clear what speed the cable is (in case I have to replace it or something).

Thanks in advance! :grin:

Ask Anker directly

1 Like

There are USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 cables available.
You are using USB C to USB 3.0.

USB 3.0 can do a data rate of 4.8 GBit/s as far I know.
But the necessary condition is an USB 3.0 socket on that Video Bar.
(Should be blue :grin:)
You could ask the support.

1 Like

@ikari04warrior and @Chiquinho - thank you both for the replies. I had thought about asking support and even wanted to submit a ticket - but since it’s not a real “problem” per se, I thought I would try the community 1st :blush:

If I get a solid answer from Anker Support - I will update the post with the information that I receive.

4 Likes

Sounds good, good luck!

Okay - soooooo according to Anker support - it seems as though the USB-C to USB-C cable is… :man_shrugging:t4::man_shrugging:t4::man_shrugging:t4:

Their exact words were: “…Regarding your inquiry, please be noted that USB 2.0/3.0 cable with data transfer speed of 480Mbps can work to connect the B600 with no issue

So I am going to assume that the speed of the USB-C to USB-C cable is a USB 2.0 speed and not anything faster than that. It’s also my assumption that the data speed of the port itself is USB 2.0 and not anything faster as well…

An USB** - C - **3.1 cable can do 10 Gbit/s. (USB C to USB C)
As you use USB A (3.0) to USB C it should do 4.8 GBit/s

USB 2.0 is 480mb/s

Bildschirmfoto%20zu%202022-04-18%2008-18-50

What I read there : USB (3.x) can disturb Wlan and Bluetooth, caused by frequency overlays.
Didn’t know that, and i don’t care as my old devices don’t have. :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for the chart :smile: Unfortunately the USB* specifications are a complete cluster " " and warrants its own discussion :joy:

The more confusing part with USB-C is that it can be either USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 Gen 2, USB 3.2 (Gen 2 X 2) (let’s not forget Thunerbolt (1, 2, 3, & 4)… :laughing:)

And since Anker didn’t specify the USB speed for the included USB-C cable, it’s difficult to assume the speed of the cable if you have to replace it OR want a longer cable to be able to better place the B600 (it is QUITE weighty and much bigger than it appears to be).

I wanted to ensure that I was using an appropriate speed cable should I opt to use a longer/different cable than the one that Anker provided in the packaging :grin:

1 Like