Anker's Friday Night Fan Chat | Prizes Inside

Here are the two choices: :blush:
1. Anker Powerline II Lightning Cable (3ft)
2. USB Type C Cable [2-Pack, 6 ft]

3 Likes

Perfect. Thanks! By the way, why do you guys need our phone numbers (if you don’t mind me asking)?

It’s for the delivery companies. Some of them may want to call you when some unexpected things happen.

1 Like

Gotcha. Thanks a lot and that’s all the questions I have for now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Good choices!! I will use the USB-C cable pair… Use it with USB-C Adapter for use with PowerPort Nano III :blush:

Keep in mind it is USB A to C not C to C

Yes i am aware!

USB-C Adapter converts USB-A port to USB-C… Becomes USB-C TO USB-C :sunglasses:… Though need to check the performance.

2 Likes

Oh wow completely missed that :sweat:. Would be a good test for sure :+1:

Hmmm interesting not sure which to go for. Do wish it was usb c to usb c, @Shenoy let me know how that goes for you

2 Likes

I think performance will remain as per the original cable.
I use a few USBC to Micro cables with a Micro to USBC adaptor for my phone (it won’t work C to C) and the performance doesn’t reflect a C to C cable.

1 Like

Agree @ktkundy
I’ve made the transition from USB A to USB C chargers and have only 1 USB A port in the house now. Thats permanently connected to my overnight wireless charger :grimacing:
But it is what it is i guess. Im pleased my question was picked so im happy with hearing that read on-air.

Thanks @AnkerOfficial for another exciting event :+1:t2:

1 Like

Congrats to the winners :tada: enjoy your gifts :gift:

1 Like

Ah thank you @AnkerOfficial! :raised_hands:

Congrats to the winners!

1 Like

I have that 6ft A-C cables, they don’t perform too brilliantly for my devices, unfortunately. Not a criticism of Anker.

The 6ft is inevitably going to lose more power than a shorter 3ft ot 1ft cable.

My devices do either 9V/2A or 5V/2A. The power loss at lower Voltage is to the square so a 5V long cable outputs less.

I just bought the C-C 6ft cable and it should perform well, and seems to be, as its able to use 9V which loses less power.

Not with my USB meter right now to measure to the absolute effect, but a 1ft A-C cable keeps my tablet charged, but the 6ft A-C does not keep the tablet charged.

2 Likes

Yea longer cable do have lower “power” I guess but I would’ve assumed it wasn’t as noticeable. Didn’t really thing of calculating all that so just an assumption I made. But I hope the C-C cable does better for you. For me, 6ft A-L cable work best since I can just take it with me when I leave home. I can charge my phone in the car without having the cable stretch if I’m driving or take it to campus to charge through my laptop

Sorry I missed the livestream (I was vacationing in an cell phone dead zone… the only way to vacation :rofl:), but thanks @AnkerOfficial and Aaron for taking my question and for the shout out! :smile:

1 Like

Makes most sense in either low power contexts or where you can use an IQ2 A port with device which takes 9V. I have exactly two such situations and use mine there.

Don’t use in an IQ high power contexts.

Just reminding of the basics of Ohm’s Law and IQ Vs IQ2.

I finished my 36 hours lecture electromagnetics course yesterday, wish I’d taken it earlier, I knew most of it already but my antennae understanding was utterly wrong. Never stop learning. Back to my electronics course I had to stop as I didn’t really understand inductors (which requires Lenz’s law and Maxwell’s equations).

2 Likes

You sure like going in-depth of these things. Personally I like staying on surface level with Physics 2 kind of knowledge since it really gets confusing later on. Of course if I look at good lectures, it shouldn’t be too difficult but maybe later once I’m done with my studies so I have more time to focus on it

I’d done Physics 2 > 30 years ago, and simply memorised it, got a good grade but felt a cheat. Revisiting to take it slower and ensure I really understand not just remember.

The more I know the more I realize I know nothing, and when I encounter people who say they know everything, they typically know nothing.

We as a species have only really mastered of the 4 forces the 1 electromagnetic force for chemistry and electronics, to a much lesser degree the weak nuclear force for nuclear weapons and reactors, but we never mastered gravity, nor the strong nuclear force, or the weak force directly.

3 Likes