Anker's Competitors were just KICKED OFF Amazon

Thought you were rocking the Q30’s? Just added the Q30 to my growing list and well, certainly not a regretted purchase :slightly_smiling_face:

I think you mean Q30 unless you got the Q35 and I didn’t know?
I know you mentioned replacements in your Q30 review

Typo Q30 replacements. I like them, balancing price for performance. But my point is the customer support was good, and prior experience meant I was willing to buy a relatively new product. Having said that, the headband is breaking so another warranty claim is incoming at some point. Given the Q35 is essentially identical to Q30 with minor tweaks for double the cost, I’d not have the same view of Q35 on a value / performance basis.

I still recommend Anker as a brand, still recommend buying with free return, and hold them to their warranty.

1 Like

Im am really happy that I am not such a fan of earbuds and headphones.
I love my speakers.
And as far I see there is not an exciting new model I have to lurk at.!

You must have good and tolerant neighbours. :slight_smile:

I try to make the least noise and like to block unwanted noise.

Back to thread - I rarely attach any weight to Amazon reviews, they are biased towards superficial negative or superficial positive, are heavily anecdotal. Community has a roll, can critique a view, disagree and get to a rounded view.

I can see how the bad practice came to Amazon, they place the 5 stars there on a long list, you can sort by reviews so the Amazon decision to allow reviews to raise profile, invites biased positive reviews.

Over in the other place’s podcast they said they pay particular attention to Amazon feedback, some of it healthy, to reach and seek to satisfy negatives.

We live alone in our house.
And I am listening to classical music always at low volume.
By the way is there any critical video if items are donated?

Very recently MPOW offered me to refund the purchase amount for 5* review. This is for a so called “you are selected for testing our product program”.
I complained to Amazon with proof of kickback. This is why there are so many fake reviews on Amazon and it is our moral obligation to not fuel this behavior.
I’m pleased that MPOW is kicked off.

I’m sure Aukey is also involved in similar behavior. Anker never asks to post 5* reviews (at least in my experience).

2 Likes

Now it seems that RavPower also got removed, will Anker be the last one standing?

I see Aukey has disappeared from amazon.de as well.

Yea I posted about it here

1 Like

I find Amazon a better search engine for a product than say the Walmart (who is trying to compete with Amazon). I find they have more junk products (or more importantly extremely high price for certain items than what they would cost or should cost).

I do think it is funny that Amazon has their own testing products for review, if I am not wrong, (is it Vine).

Yes, but Vine is Amazon sponsored. They select top reviewers and there’s no expectation to provide a positive 5 star review.

When I search for Amazon reviews, I deliberately remove vine reviews from showing up. They are paid reviews which are always biased.

2 Likes

There supposed to be Amazons trusted reviewers, invitation only to the program :grin:

Though I’ve yet to see a proper criticism or lower than 5 star review from anyone from it…likely worried they will be dropped from the guaranteed freebies :wink:

1 Like

They are supposed to be Amazons trusted reviewers, invitation only to the program :grin:

Though I’ve yet to see a proper criticism or lower than 5 star review from anyone from it…likely worried they will be dropped from the guaranteed freebies :wink:

A good hint Sachin!
But how do I find out?

Do you think it is possible to have unbiased places for reviews?

You have separate reasons why a product is not good to buy.

• it’s not a fit to your needs - so you need to research your needs and the product fit. More complex than a simple rating
  • anger tends to shout louder than contentment so you get longer venting negative reviews and never see the mass contenntment - so over-negative.
  • the shop / source not related to brand. The platform, e.g. AliExpress, causes replacement / return / warranty issues.
  • age of product. Reviews which are older can become less validate as the product is tweaked (firmware update, etc).
  • reviewing site rely on free goods, and if they are consistently negative they stop getting the free units as the brand prefers silence to negative. This inherently makes for a type of bias to pro. While not paid, their sites usually have Amazon affiliate links and they make money from people picking what they recommend. They rely on advertisement so need to make hyperbole reviews to try to grab attention.

I don’t want to talk about politics.
But isn’t there the same tricky way to convince people?
“All propaganda” True or not true. Who knows?
Some believe some not!

1 Like

I think the bias cannot be completely removed. I have seen Vine reviews that were not 5 star, but also Vine reviewer blogs that said they got less products if their reviews were not favorable. Additionally when the product is received free of charge, it’s not always easy to say is this product worth the price that the end users are asked to pay.
They could improve the review system by:

• giving reviewers some credits to spend on a pool of products, so they at least feel like they are buying them
  • dropping the positive review - more products correlation

Easier said than done though.

Ravpower had a couple of nice chargers :+1:

1 Like