AnkerMake 3d Printer Kickstarter launches April 6th

Just saw an update for the AnkerMake 3d printer.

10 Likes

Nice to see more updates I’m intrigued by it for sure. I wonder what price they will come in at and what features they push the most

If it’s been hinted means price is on the high side.

2 Likes

kind of upsetting but I hope the features they have in there are worth the price. like most its either you get what you paid for or you get less than what you paid for

1 Like

Anything with almost a 50% early bird discount means the price is on the high side…same goes for the released products where no price is listed, you can bet you will be paying a premium price to start with….still interested to see what they bring to a growing product sector…

3 Likes

Definitely should be interesting especially with so many already well known established names out there starting with a high price makes me hope it has features that are worth the price

No doubt we will see a ‘influencer’ preview at some stage via UnboxTherapy or JerryRig.

3 Likes

I want to see it in action.

3 Likes

Most likely. I honestly think 3D printing ips really cool and have been using it a lot in my senior design project. Not as fun when we had thermal runaway and had to buy a new thermistor

Let’s have an auction for this 3D printer lol

1 Like

And what “he” will printing for such an influencer example?
Best would be a power bank! :rofl:
Such an example could convince the customers.

2 Likes

It does look pretty cool.

I finally got the email for this. Interest is piqued, but yeah, almost 50% off means steep pricing. Highly doubt they are going to be giving this away for testing, but I hope I’m wrong.

The referral contest rules are kind of laughable:

Buy at least one printer perk, but only between April 6th - April 8th
If you return or cancel your order, you have to give it back
You won’t know you won until 1.5 months later
If you come in 2nd-4th place, you will get another 3d printer because you would have already had to purchase one to be eligible.

1 Like

It looks like an amazing 3D printer, but the price will be well out of my league for sure!

I am really curious on this one and super curious if this will go to Beta testing. I have a few printers myself and curious the specs/features vs price point. Knowing Anker, I am sure it will be top notch, but to what extent is the true question.

I know UnboxTherapy has a huge range, as well as JRE, but UT is sooo annoyingly “wow uh ah look at that” while also almost always just showing off their expensive over-the-top studio while only scratching the surface of the products. IMHO. Scratching … Slight scratches at 5, deeper grooves at level 6 … JRE - well, same same :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah, not watched UT for a quite a bit, the formula kinda got more stale the bigger they became. Still like JRE for the durability testing, with the specs thrown in. His other projects are worth a watch, like the electric hummer project :nerd_face:

1 Like

Thinking more on this I wonder if Anker will try to launch their own slice software with this kind of like how Prusa has or how creality has a modified version of the Cura slicer.