Anker wifi speaker demand?

I think that Anker should look into an affordable and reliable wifi speaker system that competes with brands sonos and bose. Also with google home integration and etc. I personally think that this would be really good and would be great for someone like me who wants to stream music around the house.

1 Like

So basically you’re asking for a Google Cast enabled speaker. I mean, I would definitely buy a speaker if it was under $35 because that’s how much a Chromecast costs.

Well $35 is just the chromecast, you’d still to have speakers lying around. So I would have to say I’d be willing to pay $35+the price Anker’s bluetooth speakers. Personally, I prefer a bluetooth speaker system since it works well for me

I think a Google Home enabled bluetooth speaker would be brilliant if they could keep the cost low and fix the current bluetooth sync issues where you have to have the previous phone turn their bluetooth off if someone else wants to pair with the speaker, rather than just have a “pairing” button that would allow a new phone to pair with it without having to get the previous phone involved if it’s in range.

I have a current Anker bluetooth speaker and it’s use is about to lower considerably now I have my office and living room speakers hooked up to Chromecast Audio and have a new Google Home to use as a remote bluetooth speaker to play the same music together with the other speakers.

Guys, I do not think you quite understand the post. I’m pretty sure (correct me if I’m wrong @Edward_Bextor) that he’s referring to a more premium home speaker system through wifi or a technology similar to the one that sonos uses (hifi or something in that vicinity). Have you guys ever heard of sonos? I mean… come on. You have to read the post more thoroughly than that* Good thoughts though!
*Note: Not trying to be mean/hurtful to anyone… just trying to help the poster and keep on-topic. Feel free to start a separate, dedicated post about that, though!

Honestly, what is the point of a wifi speaker over a Bluetooth speaker? Seems like a pain to me. Then how could you take it with you places? As others have already said, for $35 you can get a Chromecast Audio and make any speaker a “wifi” speaker. I mean, if you’re going to have a “wifi” speaker you’re limiting it to… well. your wifi. Idk, I just don’t see the draw.

The point is that it can always have whatever music is available on the network or with the apps present. Also, instead of having to be within 20 ft of the speaker, you just need to be in wifi range within a home/house. Along with that, multiple phones can join at a time, change the volume, sound, or the playlist. One of my biggest differences is that people can leave and it will still play. Your phone isn’t constantly being drained because it’s streaming something.

I guess the point is, it’s not meant to be a portable speaker system. It’s meant to be a very convenient home music system. Btw, with the sonos system, you can set up multiple speakers in different locations, have them synced together, or playing different music, all at the touch of yours/anyone else’s phone.

As for Anker entering this field; I don’t know. I see them as more of a hardware company; and not so much of home network server company.

2 Likes

I would like to see Anker make a speaker that focuses on sound more than size.