Anker USB 3.0 4-Slot Card Reader unable to see MicroSD card on Windows 10

I am trying to use the device to copy the contents from my 64GB microSD card onto a 128GB microSD card. I am using a laptop (Dell) running on Windows 10.
My understanding was that I should be able to insert both cards into the reader - using the appropiate adapters - and then simply be able to do an “xcopy” from one drive to the other from the CMD command line.

My problem is that under Windows File Explorer I am only able to see one of the drives allocated - the SD drive (“SD”) - but not the Micro SD drive (“MS”).

As a work-around I am xcopying everything from the 64GB card onto my laptop - into a temp directory - and will then insert my new MicroSD card (128GB) into the reader and copy all the data from my laptop to the reader…

It would be nice if I could use the reader how it was advertised i.e. be able to copy from one drive to the other.

I am unable to test any of the other ports (TF or CF) because I dont have the necessary adapters.

Has anyone experienced the same issue and found a solution ?

Kind Regards,
Robert.

1 Like

Hi @robbie70 , I think the ability to only be able to use one card slot at a time is by design, as it is a reader rather than a hub.

I’ve copied @AnkerTechnical into this response for confirmation…

1 Like

hi @robbie70, sorry to know you are suffering from this issue. We believe that this Anker 4-Port USB 3.0 Portable Card Reader can allow Windows 10 to recognize an SD card and an MS card at the same time. Please be sure to use your finger nail to press the cards down completely.

Meanwhile, we notice in the first paragraph you mentioned they are both MS cards. Can you confirm if they are both MS cards or one SD card and one MS card? Since you cannot use two MS cards in the card reader at the same time with only one MS-port in the card reader.

If you have any further questions, please just write to "support@anker.com" and we will take good care of you then!

1 Like

Thank you support.

I have just written to your support email and included the attached Word document with some screenshots to help describe my issue. Also included below. It looks to me as if the MS slot is not working for some reason.

The screenshots show that when I insert the SD adapter the Windows File Explorer recognises the drive. But when I insert the MS adapter the Windows File Explorer doesnt seem to recognise anything.

Kind Regards,
Robert.

That’s why it’s not working, it’s not plugged into the computer…I’m kidding :laughing:

hopefully they can help you get this resolved. But I’m with @ndalby on this in that it’s a card reader and not a hub so both cannot function at the same time. Anker will get you squared away though, just wait for their reply

1 Like

:smiley: I think thats it I need to plug it in !!

But I dont think its a hub issue - since the screenshots above show that its not recognising the MS slot even when the SD slot is empty. I am wondering whether there could be an issue with my MS adapter but lets see if the supports have any suggestion for debugging this

Ok I think I’ve been missing a trick here - you can actually insert the Micro SIM card directly into the port marked “TF”. I stumbled upon this when I saw another Anker USB model showing the Micro SIM card directly inserted into the device. It made me ask why that feature wasnt available on my product. When I re-looked at a picture of my device online I noticed that actually you can insert a SIM card directly into the TF port.

I tested this on my own product and it showed up on my laptop as drive I: in Windows File Explorer and I could reference it fine and view files etc.

So I think I am all good. We can close this case.

Kind Regards,
Robert.

2 Likes

Glad you got it sorted, sometimes it’s the little things we often overlook.

1 Like