Anker Universal Travel Adapter

Saw this Anker Universal Travel adapter on Social media, and surprised it is not yet available for US market

@AnkerOfficial Will this ever get to US market?

(Courtesy - Anker Innovations Store YouTube channel)

8 Likes

8ea6e827ee81dc0925c8797d6dbe5d415ab64e8d

A similar(ish) product was “announced” at CES.

1 Like

The CES product is completely different from what I saw. Less attachments…!!

1 Like

This is a fantastic thing.
I am sure this would sell perfectly.
But USB-C is missing! :thinking:

1 Like

Anker should create one for US market with USB-C and USB-A ports!!

1 Like

As far I see it fits for USA too.
But an USB-C port is missing and this is really a need meanwhile.

1 Like

This product is mainly sold in the Middle East.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have been looking for this kind of Adapter for a while, still use the Targus Multi-Pin Adapter…hate the attachments… There is quite a market for it in US, UK and Europe.

1 Like

Why, only there?
We all live in “the middle of the middle”! :joy:

You should change that and offer this at other markets.
But before add a USB-C output, please.

Those USB-C we need in the “middle of the middle”! :rofl:

2 Likes

Nice find…a complete charger adapter that you can travel around the world with… :+1:

1 Like

Now just waiting to see if Anker releases this for other markets, hopefully with the options indicated by @Chiquinho :+1:

Cool travel adapter. Unfortunately I have no use for it. The few countries I have traveled to all use the same plugs as in the US

1 Like

That would be very useful for someone that traveled a lot. Someone like me wouldn’t really use it, but products like this are always a good idea.

1 Like

In those days when I was working for the university we had
such a lot of those adapters and different plugs stored at our chair’s equipment magazine.
Meetings all over the world, so there was always a need of such items.
(Often they disappeared! :rofl: We had to buy always new ones)
A market!

1 Like

After searching Amazon for these kind of travel adapters, there do seem to be a lot, but would want to buy this from a trusted brand like Anker! Hopefully, some day :crossed_fingers:

How about a power strip surge protector type inverter slash adapter with high-wattage 2000-2500 USB-A and type c ports and 3or 4 outlets plus a 3 foot braided power cable.

Status LEDs would be nice to.
Input voltage indicator
Housing wire grounded
Ect

A travel converter with the specs above would easily go for $60

2 Likes

This would be a cool feature for that one powerbank that is a wall charger too.

1 Like

With respect we are solving different problems as we’re all individuals…

I would never buy that product.

It is mechanical, the slide mechanisms, they’d not work probably early and render it useless.
Power sockets in high-travel areas (hotels, airports) tend to be physically worn, finnicky, and won’t take an heavy item.

So what I do and recommend is much less technical:

1. Buy a Powerport5 of your choice. Example for someone just with older devices:

1. If you’re frequent visitor to the plug type, just buy the C7 cord to match. Examples for US and UK

1. Buy a local plug adapter. e.g. US to UK

1. Give serious consideration to standardising on US the power cord system, this gives you a long extension cord with 3 sockets off of which you can connect other US chargers. Then that plug converter you buy once per country and use all your US chargers. It works out the cheapest most reliable

1 Like

different products, different audience,

I would still opt for a all in one Travel adapter…

Tried to get more info about this charger, got a review video (in Arabic) but Good to understand how the pins work.

1 Like

More cables, more adapters, more things to carry around.

1 Like