Anker Speaker Only Works When Holding Down Power Button

My speaker ran out of battery, and ever since I charged it, it has refused to work. I charged it overnight using the provided Anker charger. It no longer connects to my phone, even after I deleted its history and forgotten it from my iPhoneʻs bluetooth history. It also does not work with an AUX cord.

The only time it will work with the AUX cord or will even connect to my phone is if I continuously hold down the power button. As soon as I let go of the button, however, the speaker disconnects and stops playing, though the blue light remains on and a slight static sound can be heard coming out of the speaker.

Does anyone know any fixes? Thank you.

1 Like

Sorry that nobody’s has replied with your issue. From what I’ve read online I’d give this a shot
Try clearing previous Bluetooth pairings from the Anker SoundCore’s memory to see if this resolves the issue. You can do this by pressing both the “Volume Down” and “Volume Up” buttons for roughly three seconds. Try pairing the Bluetooth speaker with your device again to see if this resolves the issue.

If this doesn’t seem to fix anything I’d give service@soundcore.com a shout via email and within 24 hours you’ll get an answer. most likely, Honestly this could be a defective unit and probably can be replaced if it’s still under warranty.
evan_gates

1 Like

Seems like you got a bad unit. Better contact support

From your description it sounds like a physical hardware fault. You would be best reaching out to service@soundcore.com with your fault, purchase receipt and any troubleshooting steps taken for replacement under warranty.

If you are under warranty contact the support.

If there is no more warranty, you might try to spray some contact spray into that button
if possible.
Our washing machine had the same issue.
Got it fixed that way.

I have three of these speakers and the 3.5mm earphone jack has never worked on any of them. I’m just wondering when Anker is going to admit that it’s a “ghost feature” that is not really usable. One guy mentioned that his only works if the other end of the charging cord is plugged into his computer’s USB port. I don’t know about anybody else, but that completely defeats the purpose. I don’t need a bluetooth speaker when I can plug directly into my computer’s ear phone jack. I’ve read several of these blogs and it’s ludachrist what I’m reading from these so called “troubleshooters”. It’s all nonsense. The earphone jack simply doesn’t function. Case closed.