ANKER SoundCore MINI. Help with MicroSD

I assure you that the speaker perfectly remembers the last song, but sometimes it fails. This is the problem. It is not a matter of expectations.

The bad: it has been a gift, I have no invoice or purchase ticket …:cry:

Ok josmail. Its a gift. So here is my suggestion:

You play the music. You hear the first, lets say, 100 songs. Then it starts again from zero. This is roughly your situation, if I got it right.

So you delete the first 100 songs, then you listen to the next bunch … Take it easy, friend !

Oh, but that’s a hell !!! And if you’re on vacation at the beach, how do you do it? And, in addition, today they can be 100 songs, tomorrow 500, etc … And, later, you have to locate the song exactly where the error occurred …

We are in the XXI century !!! In the last century (XX century) there is a mountain of MP3 players that had a file management software infinitely superior to this type of speakers.

We walk backwards?

Thanks!

Best way forward from now is put the music on a device which allows you to select what to play and then AUX or BT connect to the speaker.

No, I’m sorry, for me it’s not a good option. I do not want to have TWO players running at the same time, that configuration seems somewhat obsolete.

Aaaaah, I have verified that you have also lost the storage of all the FM radio stations. Therefore, it is not only a problem with the card, but it also seems to affect the storage result of the scanning of the FM stations …

Thanks!

Maybe it is a fault of the firmware ? Look around, maybe there is an update available for your model.

Thanks, no, there is no new firmware.

Ha, ha, ha, they answered me from the Customer Service Center, and they answered me that the speaker CAN NOT remember the last song … That’s false !!!, they do not know the products they sell … What a disaster !!!

I thought ANKER was a consistent brand.

Well, I’m going to perform tests with different SD cards, different manufacturers, different capacities and different classes. (I have Class 4 and Class 10 cards).

Thanks everyone for your help.

So taking what you experienced with support reply, it sometimes remembered position was just due it not powering off fully.

It is not designed to remember. So you’re going to waste your time.

Hi, maybe the English translation is the source of bad understandings. The ANKER SoundCore mini perfectly remembers the last song of the MicroSD cards. The speaker has been working perfectly several days with total shutdowns on various occasions, and every time I turn it on, the speaker remembers the last song. What the ANKER SoundMini does not remember at all, is the last FM station. That is, save after scanning, all stations, but never remember the last station you’ve heard. (Another disaster, but, in this case, I had already been warned before that absurd and stupid inconvenience).

The problem that this help post has caused is that I have had the problem with an MicroSD card twice in a row.

Now, as I said, I’ll be testing different cards, and I’ll check if the problem happens again.

Thank you!

Wish you all the best with your trials, josmail. And - it woud be nice if you post the results, I would be very interested if there is a solution. Excuse my proposal of deleting the first 100 songs - I did not mean it seriously, so please take it easy.

Yes of course. Right now I’ve been almost three days with a MicroSD Kingston class 4 and 8 GB and every time I turned it off and hours later I turned it on, the speaker perfectly remembered the last song …

regards

1 Like

Good news. I keep my fingers crossed for your trials - I owe this to you because of my “funny” remark…

Do not worry, I’m going to inform you, and, for now, the hours go by on and off and keep remembering the last song perfectly. For now!!! (I also cross my fingers)

I repeat with a MicroSd Kingston class 4 and 8GB capacity. We will see…

Regards

1 Like

Hi: From day 8 until today day 17 with the MicroSD Kingston Class4 and 8GB the Anker SoundCore Mini has not had any problems. All the times that I have turned off and later turned it on again, Anker has perfectly remembered the last song.

In a while I will try a 16 GB and class 10 MicroSD card. I will continue reporting.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thqanks a lot, @josmail, this is really good useful information. When you are finished with your testing, you should create a new topic with a review of Anker Souncore Mini and all your information !

Ok, thanks!

Hello. I just read your posts about the Sound Core Mini. Do you know if it has a Shuffle feature? Thank you!

I don’t think it has a shuffle feature, here is link to the manual

And the relevant section and I only see you can select to use SD card and forward or backwards. Nothing else. I could be wrong so check the manual in more detail see if I missed it.

MiniCore MP3 player, mine recently started playing up after i charged it with a powerbank. It wouldn’t remember tuned in radio stations, always turned on at full blast and went back to the first track EVERY time, bloody annoying!
To reset it, drain its battery completly, fastest way is select the bluetooth connection on it, and leave it until the light dies.
Then using the original cable it came with (there’s a logo on the usb plug and its quite short, i use it as it’s ariel),& the original charger to be on the safe side, recharge it normally.
Its now back to normal, remembers the last track played as well as all the radio stations :slight_smile: