Anker Soundbuds Slim Bluetooth, Left speaker volume drop

Of course I tried that, but that doesn’t tell us at all whether it is the loudspeakers in the buds or something software wise (within the earbuds’ own electronics).

1 Like

LINUX and bluetooth is only a mess. :smiling_imp:
But if you have the same issue with other devices you paired the buds with, it’s definitely not LINUX.:grin:

1 Like

Try forgetting the bluetooth connection on the devices, and in the slims hold down both the volume up and down button for 5 seconds. This should reset your bluetooth connection and see if a fresh repair fixes the issue.

1 Like

Thanks, I also had done that already. It remains stubbornly unchanged. The left bud’s volume remains low. I’ll see whether I can get some support through Anker’s official channels (after all, it says you get free lifetime support), else I might have to return it.

Thanks everyone for your help!!

Just shoot them an email support@anker.com they will take care care of you

Think you have tried everything.
So you should contact the support.

Same here, The earphones will work for a while and then the left bud volume will fade. Connected the phones to two laptops and two mobiles [ Linux windows,android and windows mobile(don’t ask) ].
The mesh cover is very easy to dislodge, I would suggest cleaning very gently and not after wearing them for a while as the heat from your ear makes the glue they use quite soft.

ive got crackly sound which rectifies itself after i turn them off and on again. anyone else?

If.toj get a crackle, try changing your codec or whatever it’s called. (in Bluetooth settings on Samsung Galaxy S8)

I put it to AUTO and no problems, but it worked no probs on the replacement… Found out after, tho I didn’t crackle on replacement.

I had the same issue with volume being different levels in each earbud for a long time to the point where I almost threw my sportbuds in the trash.
I tried reset, rebind, different devices, you name it.
Problem lessened once I gave the mesh filter a good clean with q-tip and alcohol.
I still didn’t have full volume in the left earbud so I popped the mesh filters out again and removed the mesh panel from the plastic holder piece. I noticed there was an additional fabric filter behind the mesh (glued together), so I removed the fabric filter and put everything back without the fabric part. Much to my surprise the volume was back to normal in both earbuds
Not sure if my previous cleaning just couldn’t clear the fabric filter or not but I now have a fully functional pair of earbuds again so I am happy.

1 Like

I did the same thing with my anker soundbuds after the left side volume was lower. After taking out the mesh it works fine.

I also had this issue and can confirm that removing the mesh, cleaning it and re-inserting it fixed the problem. It is odd that we all have too much wax in our left ears :rofl:

May be there is a political reason.
We dont like to listen with the “left ear” :rofl:

Please how can i remove the mesh filter to clean and then reinstall?

I’m having the same problem, but it’s with the soundcore Anker earphones. This is my second pair and the volume has gone down for no reason in the left ear again. If this was a known issue, why are these products still being sold at full price?!

Clean your earbuds, wax builds up in your ear and liquefies when it gets hot and seeps past the mesh screen in the earbuds. When it does this it cools down and hardens and just tends to build up overtime blocking sound, so clean them with Hydrogen Peroxide as it will help break down the wax.

If it happened to both pairs that I’ve owned and to many others on this forum, then I highly doubt it’s earwax. It is a known issue that the left earbud seemingly stops working out of nowhere and it’s happened to me twice with two different pairs. It isn’t earwax, it’s a hardware issue.

I beg to differ, it’s not a hardware issue and yes it happens to many people because they don’t clean their earbuds. Some people it happens more on the left side and others the right, it all depends on which ear develops wax faster.

Don’t believe me, then remove the mesh screen from the earbud and you will see the wax build up that is blocking the sound.

2 Likes

There is no mesh screen. There’s only a golden plate. I’m not sure who you are or why you have taken up the mantel to be the cheerleader/fixer, but arguing that earwax is to blame when the left earbud refuses to pair to any device is ridiculous.

@Tank is neither a fixer nor a cheerleader here.
The only thing he wanted, was trying to help you.

We are a forum (no fixers and cheerleaders).
We try to give some hints if there is a problem and may be people get out of that.

We are not the support and the service of ANKER/soundcore.

Sorry you are not satisfied with our help.
We tried our best as usual.