Anker Roav DashCam Duo, Dual FHD 1080p Dash Cam!

The footage only shows the front facing camera, I was kind of expecting the rear view camera to be in the corner. Are there options to record both cameras on to the same clip or does it record two different streams?

1 Like

It records two separate clips, i initially thought it was as you mentioned 1 clup with picture in picture, but alas its 2 separate feeds

1 Like

It records 2 different streams and saves two separate clips. Both video clips are of 1080P resolution consuming almost the same MBs on your microSd card. I would share the other footage (but maybe without me in the car :rofl: ).

1 Like

That clip on clip thing is only to display you on LCD SCREEN of camera while being recorded. You can change that conformation to any combination (only front view shown, only rear view shown, both with lay-on at different positions).

Haha it’s ok. Just wondered. I know it would take up space but it should really record 3 clips. One of each and one merged
If it wants to record separate ones. Just thought it would be a bit smarter than that

1 Like

Yes i known how it work, I posted my review Here

1 Like

Wao. Comprehensive review. I just read your’s now. Includes lot of details. Good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!! :+1:

1 Like

Great review as per usual! :clap:t2:

1 Like

My pleasure… Thanks for the compliments… :grinning:

1 Like

Very good review nice and detailed and good spacing out makes it very clear to read I love how you start of your review with why a dash cam very good :+1:

1 Like

Good review.

I’ve got a duo, but I’m still confused by a few things. So it records an emergency 30 second clip anytime the g-sensor is triggered. But can I also trigger an emergency recording manually somehow, so that a clip doesn’t get erased? or is the only way to do that to dig into the footage and manually lock the file, (which is too many clicks on a tiny screen to do while driving). Even better would be if you could lock the previous file and current file, since what you want is probably on the last file anyways.

I will also say I don’t know why they sell it with 2 adhesive mounts instead of 1 adhesive and 1 suction. I would use the adhesive mount anyways, but the suction mount would’ve been really useful for test fitting the camera and getting it lined up. I had to resort to using tape and an assistant to hold the cam in place, while I test fitted it to try to get it lined up right to record my back seat, it’s too bad the camera isn’t just a tiny bit wider of angle, it’s really difficult to get a view of the outer rear seats behind headrests, even with it aimed perfect, I still lose a good chunk if people lean towards windows.

Yes, You can press on the emergency record button (the yellow triangle sign) from bottom control panel of the dashcam. This way you can save the ongoing recording without g sensor activation…

1 Like

If you just BUMP softly on the dashcam body, it also triggers the g sensor and there is no need to press any button. I usually do it when in a hurry…

1 Like

To test fit the camera, I simply use a two sided tape (can be bought from local stores and amazon.com, walmart.com etc). if you leave some residue of the tape, just heat it up with hair blow dryer and wipe out with alcohol swab…

That’s why some cams come with a separate in-cabin unit of camera. But then it goes with more wires and all that. Single compact unit is good & bad in many ways… It is small unit with many functions but you are right, it misses some information and a separate rear facing camera would have solved your issue if mounted on top edge of the windshield screen…

The suction mounts fall off with heat and not so durable in hot weather…

1 Like

This is my first dash cam so I can’t compare it. But I do wonder based on what some other uber/lyft drivers have said, if the slightly wider angle lens of the vantrue n2 pro solves the problem.

Yea I wouldn’t ever use a suction mount in Florida, it just would’ve been nice to get it lined up the first time.

I will also say I like having a camera, but getting an image of license plate is tricky at best, and I always have 1080p on. I had one day in full afternoon sun, where I went to look for the license plate of a garbage truck that was launching trash all over the interstate (and at me), and I couldn’t even find the plate on the truck or read the huge numbers on the top of the back of the truck. And I was close enough to get hit with flying trash.

I looked at other cars in the video as well and really couldn’t make out any license plate that was more than maybe 10-20 feet in front of car. Which is kind of useless.

That’s a good idea. When you do that, does it lock the file from when you touch it for the next 30 seconds? or does it lock the previous 30 seconds before you touched it/pressed the button?
or does it depend on where it is in the current loop?

Mr. @Max_Siegler thanks for reply. Actually, I have not tested specifically about where it starts or stops the emergency file…But I am sure it never misses the event… And logically thinking, it should encase the triggering event in the ongoing file… One thing is sure that these Emergency files are saved in a separate folder in the microSD Card…

What’s your experience with reading license plates? it seems to be pretty hit and miss on mine.

1 Like