Anker PowerWave Stand - Simple, yet so functional!

Unboxing & Testing Video:

Review:
As we all have been optimizing our desks and dining tables for remote working, keeping the phone charged throughout the day has been quite important.
Fiddling with tangled up wires and finding the right USB type is just so hectic and cumbersome when your phone is running low on juice.
So, I have had wireless chargers throughout the home, and it has been great. With only one caveat, when they lay flat on the table or desk, I can’t see the notifications!
I gotta reach the phone and pick them up to just glance at it.
Additionally, you can’t watch a video or keep a message shown whilst it is being wirelessly charged.

With the PowerWave Stand, I was hoping I will be able to solve those problems.

And, yes.
Upon testing, it does just that.

There are no extra bits, it just simply charges your phone whilst propping it up.
I can see the notifications without picking up the phone, and have it in landscape mode to watch videos.

For those of you who care, it does support Fast Charging. This means that my Samsung Galaxy S10e can charge from 0% to 70% in 30 min. (not that I am ever going to leave it draining to 0%)

The blue light below the phone will indicate whether it is charging or not. I like the fact that it is quite dim, not too bright) I’ve got another charger next to my bed that has really bright LED that lights up the entire room. Not so good when I am about to go to sleep.

The only downside is the fact that this cannot charge other wireless charging devices besides the phone due to its shape. I’ve got headphones and wireless earbud cases that can charge wirelessly. But their charging coils cannot line up with this stand to be charged. Although, this was well expected, and I have other flat-laying charging pads that does just that. I am going to use this only for the phone, and it is completely fine.

Also, you’ve got to make sure your charging brick is also Fast Charging compatible to utilize this charging stand’s full capability.

Pros:

• Props the phone up for viewing
  • Charges in both Portrait and Landscape mode
  • Fast Charging wirelessly
  • Simple and clean design

Cons:

• No charger brick included
  • Cannot charge other wireless charging devices than phones
6 Likes

Nice, clean and neat video review, excellent photos…

I love this one :point_down:

3 Likes

Thank you, @Shenoy!

1 Like

Thanks for your great review @Josephkim626! ! As @Shenoy said, excellent photos!

2 Likes

Thanks for the review.

If you did want to charge other devices too small to align, use a non-metallic item to raise it up, a bit of plastic, pencil, etc.

2 Likes

Yes, certainly! Thanks for the suggestion.
It really isn’t a problem that I need to address though :slight_smile:

Thank you! @AnkerOfficial

Nice review! Great job! :clap:

1 Like

Great review @Josephkim626 love mine too, but fond the blue charging light a little too bright by my bed.

1 Like

Best option… Put a small black tape/sticker on the led area, that’s what I have done :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Good made photos and a excellent review.

1 Like

I considered it @Shenoy
I don’t like to do that sort of thing so instead I changed the angle slightly. I can still see the time on my phone without the light beaming straight at me.

1 Like

This charger’s light really isn’t bad. I don’t mind it at all.
My phone’s Always on Display is brighter than the LED.
You can even Sharpie over it to make it dimmer. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nice review. I would have preferred some talking points in your video besides the music. And also viewing the screen as it was placed in the stand to charge. I own the same stand and I like it. It’s on my desk permanently.

Also, I wouldn’t call it not having a charger brick as a con. It would just cost the buyer more and I’m sure several here already have quick charging adapters. The stand is not designed to charge multiple devices, so this was expected to just charge one Qi wireless compatible phone.

1 Like

Complete valid points!
I just had to write something on the con list. I agree that they are just all points that are pretty obvious things. I thought it would be silly to just leave it blank :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If anyone wanted an adapter with the stand, you’d pay extra for it ($50): https://www.anker.com/products/variant/powerwave-75-stand-with-internal-cooling-fan/B2522111

The stand on it’s own, keeps the cost reasonable if you have your own adapter.

And the stand is not designed to wirelessly charge two devices. It would be much larger with extra coils and more expensive. The only con in my opinion is that it doesn’t have a USB-C input port. I’d like all manufacturers to do away with Micro USB connections.

1 Like