Powerport Strip PD 2 Mini
Anker again delivered an exceptional product at value for the customers. The powerport mini 2 is a perfect power strip for my needs - a small, low profile minimalist power source for the modern living room. I’ve always wanted a power-strip that’s unobtrusive and small-profile, and Anker has definitely exceeded my expectations.
I had used a USB-C power strip before (made by Tessan, it stopped working after 2 months past return period, and conveniently - their Amazon page shows it’s no longer for sale). After that, I swore off USB power strips and went with an old-fashioned Belkin powerstrip that I plugged my USB chargers into. It was large, big and had to be
- Flat head plug allows the power strip to be plugged into tight spaces (i.e. wall outlet behind my couch)
- Tiny in size (smaller than my phone) and nice modern clean design
- Plenty of outlets - it comes with two USB A ports and 1 USB C
- Rated for 1250 W max power - so you can plug in a vacuum without worrying frying the outlet
- Anti-tampering / accidental electrocution / child-tampering prevention on the AC outlets
- Rugged nylon weaved cable sheathing feels very sturdy but also beautiful at the same time, and should last a long time
- Only 2 AC outlets - if you need it to be a primary power strip you might want a bigger one
- I wish it came in other colors (black/grey)
- The current version has a mix of USB-C and A - so in a few years I might upgrade to the next version once USB-A standard gets phased out.
Products tested to work with PowerStrip PD2 Mini:
- Dyson DC65 Animal Vacuum (Yes I needed to vacuum my living room carpet after spilling some chip crumbs)
- Sony Alpha A7RII
- iPhone XS and XR
- Huawie P20 Pro
The Anker PowerPort Strip PD 2 Mini is a great little power strip that could. I really appreciated the little design details on this power strip. It is also a joy to use. Its low profile and rounded corners make it very “approachable”. I can see myself recommending this to all my friends and family if they need a recommendation on a power strip.