Anker Powercore III 10k WIreless Unboxing

I really like the build quality of the new Powercore III Wireless. What would be awesome if you could bring an update version with charging capabilities for Apple Watches and / or Samsungs Galaxy Watches.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure apple watches use a whole different system for wireless charging. I think Apple would have to upgrade the apple watch charging system first. But still a great review :+1:

1 Like

I definitely want this wireless charger

1 Like

Huaweis new Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro uses regular Qi Charging which is awesome. I hope all use this in the future.

1 Like

What does the slide out thing do?

How does it compare to something else we may have like the 10000 PD Slim?

1 Like

Think it’s a phone holder for watching movies in landscape mode @professor
Here you go, i knew I’d seen it somewhere!

2 Likes

the phone holder is a dumb design, to be honest. May be a stand at the back of powercore and using it for charging as well as holding the phone would have been a smarter move. Also, the way the pressure is being used on the stand, i think it may get damaged over time, or a fall.

2 Likes

I’m not sure either @Shenoy
I’m looking forward to giving it a try and checking it out.
And agree re the stand placement, something on the back would be more logical but not sure about holding the phone in place.

1 Like

May be if the slide stand could be rotated, and Powercore can be made to balance on the stand. In this condition, the phone can lean on the charging pad and get charged…

Hope this design make it in the next iteration!!

1 Like

I’ll give it good look and take some better photos when I get mine come through @Shenoy

1 Like

Now I wish I too had applied for testing it, but I know you @paulstevenewing will do a better job, so PowerCore III 10K is in better hands!

By the way @oberbula great job with the video review!

can you please provide your thoughts on my points:

1 Like

Exactly. Agreed.

A phone holder which holds the phone to the wireless pad, and props up the whole combination, would have been more useful. As it is now it is just a stand and I’ve never felt I wanted a stand from my Powercore currently.

1 Like

I appreciate your confidence @Shenoy :+1:t2:

1 Like

Nice review!

A good to know. I was also confused what the purpose of this hook should be :wink:

1 Like

Looking forward to more detailed reviews. I’m next curious if Anker did all the right choices on charging sequences, how well it handles all combinations of plugging in cables to charge different devices and recharge itself. So you have the two obvious situations of you place the phone on the base, then give power to base and plug in base then drop on phone, and does it do pass-thru.

If I’m selected to be one of the 3 of over 800 testers I’ll do my own tests.

Very good video and comments with regards to the power bank. I also appreciated the comparison to the Samsung bank .

1 Like

Thank you very much. I have a quite a lot Samsung Wireless Powerbanks here because of all the Samsung Smartwatch Preorders :wink:

1 Like