Anker powercore+ 26800 pd not charging

I bought the anker powercore+ 26800 pd with 30w power delivery charger bundle. When I received it it had 3 lights lit up on the charge indicator ring of lights, I have had it plugged in for for the last 24 hours using the Anker usb-c cord and the Anker usb-c 30 watt wall charger that came in the bundle. The unit is still only has 3 lights lit up on the charge indicator ring of lights. The unit is brand new a this is the first time attempting to charger the unit. Why after 24 hours of being plugged in using only the usb-c charging cord and the 30watt usb-c wall charger that came in the bundle will it not show an increase in charge? It just stays on 3 lit lights out of the 10 in ring of charge indicator lights. Thanks in advance for any help

When you plugged it in did you hit the button on it by any chance? If so it send power over the USB c port and will not charge. Try unplugging it, wait for the lights to go off and then plug it into the wall plug

I am not sure if I did or not. I will unplug it and plug it back in to if it starts charging. Thanks

I unplugged it, the usb-c cord from the PowerCore+ and the 30watt wall charger. I also unplugged the wall charger. I then plugged each one back in without hitting or pressing the light indicator button. There are no indicator lights lighting up which was something I thought it did in charging mode. The indicator lights are all completely dark.

I would recommend you try to use a different cable and see if that could be faulty. If all else fails contact support@anker.com

1 Like

I took the usb-c cord and the 30watt wall charger to an electronic store to have them checked. Both work perfectly fine and show a high charger output when with a iPhone X plugged into them. So here’s my question. Why is my PoreCore+ 26800 PD not charging past three leds on the indicator ring of 10 leds. The leds doing not blink or flash when the unit is plugged into the usb-c cord and the 30watt wall charger is plugged into the wall outlet. The units output charging ability seems to works just fine. I have charged 2 iphones, a Bose SoundLink, a pair Sony noise canceling headphones with no problems and the leds have not changed from 3 leds.

1 Like

If you have a USB-a to USB-C cable I would recommend try to plug it into the USB port and take the other end and plug it into the usbc port…this should reset the internals and possibly allow it to work properly.
I dont have an answer to why it’s doing what its doing besides the internal fault may have been tripped, resetting it as I mentioned above may work. But again, I would send a message to support@anker.com and tell them the issue you are having. Also provide them with any steps you ha e taken to try and remedy the problem, provide the order number from when it was purchased and the serial number as to help expedite the process

How long do I leave the usb-a to usb-c plugged in for it to reset its self? I am currently waiting on support@anker.com reply back.

Usually it should be really quick, 10 to 20 seconds I would say. Also its weekend and they run limited staff during this time so dont be surprised if they dont respond back until monday

Okay so I bought a new PowerCore+ 26800 PD from Anker on Amazon. I plugged it in with the provided 30watt wall charger and the provider usb-c cable that came in the bundle. The new PowerCore+ 26800 PD is charging with all the leds lighting up. I tried the new 30watt wall charger and the new usb-c cable on the old PowerCore+ 26800PD with same results, no charging leds, only 3 leds light up when I plug it in then they go out after about 10 seconds and do not flash on to show the unit is charging. The first unit I bought last week on eBay, and even though I was the first to break the seal on the wrapping and open the box. I now know the Anker is not going to warranty the unit because I bought it from an outside vendor on eBay. And after comparing the the eBay unit (packaging and all) with the Anker Amazon unit I am more then confident that the eBay unit is a 100% genuine Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD. Now here’s my next question. Can the unit be repaired? The unit is able to output charge from all ports (including the usb-c port) and I have charged multiple devices with it over the last 3 days and it has never dropped below the original 3 leds it started with. How can I tell if it is taking a charge and it just has fault leds on the led ring button. Can I pull it apart to see if it just has a loose wire or something?. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Did you find any solution because I’m also facing same issue. Please do let me know

Thanks

Waqas Ahmed

Did you do all the things above?

• remember to NOT press the power button before charging
  • connect both ports to reset
  • try different cable
  • try different charger.

I have tried all but I have reset the battery by pressing and holding the button.

How to connect both ports to reset ?

Press and hold is trickle charge mode on/off. It is not how you reset.

You have to have no lights on for at least 5 seconds before charging. This probably is not the fault as its a rare mistake.

Reset, take an A-C cable and connect the C port to the A port and then press the power button.

If there is actually a product fault, it is more likely the cable.