Anker PowerCore 10000 PD Review

I’ve posted an in depth review of the Anker PowerCore 10000 PD power bank. You can see the full review here:

tldr:

• Among the smallest power banks with 15V output. That allows it to charge a Nintendo Switch faster than its peers. And work in a pinch with a MacBook Pro. Though I wouldn’t buy it exclusively for any laptop.
  • Supports fast charging for newer iPhones (8/X XR/XS) and Google Pixel. Will provide regular charing (~10W) to Samsung and Quick Charge enabled Android phones.
  • Price feels high at first glance. But less so when you account for the included USB-C cable and pouch. Similar power banks from the other big brands are ~$30 w/o USB-C to USB-C cable ($7-10 value). Still, not the cheapest option on the market.
  • Anker notes it is incompatible with some of their USB-C wall chargers. I go into that with comments posted by Anker and my own testing.

10 Likes

So you found the USB-A port to be able to output up to 12W, not 10W like Anker says?

3 Likes

Great review. Very in-depth!

3 Likes

Great review and photos! :ok_hand::clap:

1 Like

Actually that’s a mistake on my end. It is 5V/2A on the USB-A port. I had it correct on my listing tables, but entered it wrong into the review. I’ve made the correction, thanks.

It does support Apple 2.4A, but it’ll be limited to 10W output vs 10.5W under that Apple standard. I also didn’t have any meter readings go past 2A on the USB-A port.

2 Likes

Another Good Review !

2 Likes

great review :thumbsup:

2 Likes

A to C on the switch. Nice! I’ve only ever used PD batteries for that.

1 Like

@queuebitt which USB meter do you recommend? I wanna start writing good reviews and start getting into the specs side of cables/chargers

Here’s my current setup: https://switchchargers.com/about/

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks man!

1 Like

Hi, I don’t have enough to say to justify a new thread, so reply to existing thread, but I have owned this 10000 PD for a week and here are my impressions.

Pros

• for it’s speed, it is compact.
  • it actually, for it’s small size, is able recharge my most power hungry device which is a 11" tablet. 18W for this size is a successful attempt by Anker.
  • can recharge two things at once.
  • trickle charge works, finally I don’t have to repeatedly press the power button to nudge recharging buds to full.

Cons:

• at its usual price I feel it is expensive for 10Wh, my larger devices, this represents a smaller number of recharges. I’d prefer a 13Ah - 15Ah. The devices this can charge faster than IQ are not pocketable so this only helps when need a bag anyway, so pocketable is not helpful.
  • price. I was never going to pay $45 for this, I own a 10000, and 6700. It was a set of Prime offers got this for $18, which made it worthwhile.
  • it beckons more by Anker for IQ3 Powercore and more dual or triple port IQ3.

I’ll probably get the most benefit if pair this with my 8.4" tablet and a dual 18W charger

2 Likes