Anker PowerConf S3 Bluetooth Speakerphone with 6 Mics, Enhanced Voice Pickup Mics were great, now not so much, for Zoom

How can I improve the microphone intake? Using this as a mic for Zoom in the classroom. Worked well at first, suddenly a big drop-off in what people can hear. Any ideas on how to improve pick-up, make the mics more sensitive?

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

Product? There’s many possible. Edit the subject.

Sorry. PowerConf, six mics, square. Pic attached.

Thanks for editing to specific product.

OK… there’s a few Powerconf owners here, I think @Shenoy and @paulstevenewing have them, they may be able to help.

Pending them or another owner chiming in, I’d say check you’re actually using the Powerconf’s microphones, sometimes, particularly laptops, it can move to using the built-in mic. A quick tap-tap should confirm.

I’d also look if there’s a firmware upgrade , probably you know this / not required, but its the first thing to check, look in the Soundcore app.

2 Likes

Firmware is up to date. Thanks.

Hi @Gary_Kopycinski
Sorry to hear your having issues.
The only thing that springs to mind, if you haven’t checked already, is any mic input settings on the Zoom app or sound settings on your PC.
As far as i can see there aren’t any settings in the Soundcore app to adjust the sensitivity of the mics.

If the sound settings in Zoom and PC check out OK I would take @professor advice. Ensure the firmware is up to date, and personally I would do that via the app.

If still no luck there is a chance the unit could have developed a fault, you could run that by service@soundcore.com

@Gary_Kopycinski

• what is the firmware version on the powerConf,
  • which machine do you use for Zoom (Windows 10 / Mac),
  • Connected over USB-Cable OR Bluetooth?

Update the PowerConf to the latest version using Soundcore App

I have used Zoom with Windows 10 , and saw the microphone input was controlled by the Zoom App, un-check the automatic mic control and microphone input to max – this fixes the issue right away. There are some other tricks on Windows to improve the Mic gain, let me know if this helps.

Also, recommend using the cable Vs the BT for call on Pc / Mac.

2 Likes

Shenoy the Powerconf-Meister!

1 Like

Good shout @Shenoy
I knew you would have a more focused answer than i could supply :+1:t2:

2 Likes

@Shenoy I think you nailed it but I’ll have to wait until Monday when I get back to work/school. The firmware was at the latest according to Soundcore this morning. I think you’ve got it with the Zoom settings. I have W10 too.

Thank you!

2 Likes

@Gary_Kopycinski please let us know if this fixed the microphone voice pickup issue,