Anker Power Bank Charging Time

Regards
king

Hi @king_web , it would depend on which model you were getting as to the recharging time of the power bank. Same goes for your mobile…can you provide more information?

1 Like

Hi @king_web,
Here’s a quick rule of thumb.

For every 10,000mAh, it takes…

• about 12 hours to recharge with a 1 amp charger (like an iPhone charger)
  • about 6 hours to charge with a 2 amp charger (like an iPad charger or one of Anker’s chargers, assuming the battery accepts a 2 amp input).
1 Like

i think if i would charge anker power bank

can you tell me that anker charger provide surge protection for over voltage or not

There are several technologies included in Anker chargers!

@king_web,

TechnicallyWell offered some good general ideas of what to expect.

That being said… It depends on the “power bank’s” input port. Some smaller ones only accept 1A input, others 2A, and others QuickCharge 2.0 or 3.0. And you have to consider the “power bank’s” capacity. Obviously all things being equal, larger capacity takes longer to charge.

Here are some examples…

My Anker PowerCore 20100 Portable Charger ( https://www.anker.com/products/A1271012 ) accepts 2A input. It usually takes about 9-10hrs to charge using a 2A or greater wall charger.

My older an Anker 2nd Gen Astro3 12800mAh take about 7hrs to charge. I don’t recall if this only accepted 1A or if it actually accepted 2A (I always used 2A wall chargers, or my iPad charger).

I have an Anker PowerCore+ 10050 w/QC2.0 (older model of this one -> https://www.anker.com/products/A1311011 ) which supports Quick Charge 2.0 INPUT to recharge the PowerCore+, it charges in about 3 or 4hrs when using a QC2.0/3.0 wall charger. Using a standard 2A charger, or a multi-port charger capable of 2.4A, it takes a little over 7hrs to charge.

That being said, for ALL of my “Power Banks”, I expect to require charging them over night.

1 Like

Yes, virtually all of Anker’s chargers have built-in safety systems (surge protection, short circuit prevention, temperature control, etc). You can find more details in this blog post.

1 Like

I checked that all anker power bank and i found that those power bank which have support of quick charge 3.0 can charge fastly and other anker link removed take more time to be charged properly

a) learn better English
b) try to appear intelligent.
c) quit spamming pointing to sites which are not official Anker so anyone who buys would not get the same level of warranty.

@AnkerOfficial @ndalby @TechnicallyWell this account is a spammer

1 Like

Looking that way… a certain level of latitude has to be given in the first few instances as with broken English it’s hard to tell if they are spamming or just genuinely technically challenged :grin:.

Thread locked and user reported to @AnkerOfficial as a possible spammer, seeming the original post has now been removed.

2 Likes