Anker: Make a combined UK / EU / US plug charger

I am currently visiting UK having flown from USA. In my last UK visit I flew back via a long connection in Germany, so what do I leave my house in my bag?

Anker you did 2/3rds right with these UK / EU plug products

What you did wrong was not make with a USA plug.

You could do this either via a native built in folding USA pins which you can slide on an adapter, then you can make a USA product which then adapts to UK and EU.

Example from someone non-Anker where a USA folding pins is slotted ontop for other plugs

Or you can make a USA product and then a rest-of-world product which also works in US by a set of adapters.

Example from someone non-Anker

1 Like

Well that was dumb of them to leave the US version absent. It was almost perfect, almost. I agree in the need for an adapter that can handle and adapt to different inputs throughout the world.

1 Like

BTW even within USA on the aircraft they make an underseat socket which fits every plug but guess what - when you insert a UK plug due to the 3 pins one of which is longer, it significantly more stays inside the socket instead of falling out like a USA 2-pin.

So even if you never left the USA, such a product would still perform better when flying.

1 Like

Thanks @nigelhealy. We’ll consider your advice and keep improving!:heart:

1 Like

Can i also suggest to use a folding UK plug, as its too bulky, some ideas:

1 Like