Anker GPS

So yesterday I found myself busting out my Garmin GPS for my car. Then I thought to myself why hasn’t Anker made a portable gps unit for vehicle use yet?! They are the perfect company to make a gps unit. They already make killer portable batteries, their speakers are of good quality and their dashcams are highly rated. Why not incorporate all that into a compact footprint and bring to market a portable gps?! The market for portable GPS is still pretty big. I used to use my phone for gps until I realized the moment I lose cellular signal my “gps” function goes with it. So I bought a Garmin with a built in dashcam which does the job for the most part but it just sticks out in a vehicle already full of Anker :joy:

How many of you would like to see something like this from Anker in the future?

5 Likes

If it was SatNav (UK for GPS) and built in DashCam I would be more inclined to buy one. But, people would be more likely to smash your window to steal it as it would be more valuable and saleable.

Plus, I would want to keep my Dash Cam in the car and on kncase anything happened while away from the vehicle so i’m not sure I would leave it in the car being a dual unit.

1 Like

If they made it have a quick release mount where it snapped into place and charged simultaneously thus also allowing you to take it with you within seconds and lowering theft vulnerabilty how about then? Would that relieve your fear?

GPS was one of the original features of the Roav HUD unit. I’m not sure what the current status of the project is.

2 Likes

Most definitely :grin:

1 Like

I use google maps on my phone most of the time unless I go to Tahoe I use my garmin.

1 Like

I wonder that too, most cool projects never seem to make it to market :angry:

1 Like

I think that GPS in cars are outdated thing already. Most of the people are using their phones instead.

2 Likes

What happens if you lose cell signal though?

1 Like

You could use offline map on Phones, phones still can receive GPS/Glonas signal and show your position on an “offline” maps. Some are Galileo, Sygic, Navmii…

1 Like

As long as I’m connected to a sattelite, even if my phone loses signal 90 percent of the time I still maintain the GPS lock. Once I lose it the phone still tracks my location until signal is restored

1 Like

Everytime Ive used my phone for GPS and I lose signal. I lose everything navigation related until service is restored. Weird. I still prefer a standalone unit then a phone. To me it is best to have a gps thats a fraction of the price of a flagship phone hanging from the mount with potential to fall and break.

So I use the offline maps feature of Google Maps and I use the maps.me app and download the area I’m going in.

I also when hiking in England rural areas bought the Ordnance Survey maps.

I have a cheap $99 phone I use for when in more dodgy areas as dont want to drop and break a $400-$500 phone.

1 Like

Thought you are an American :smile:
Googlemap with offline area works for me too.

1 Like

The GPS on my devices is weak and easily blocked by glass sheet metal ect
I would like Anker to make a Bluetooth gps receiver like the one made by DUAL. it would provide extremely accurate positioning and would be useful for flying drones, Marin and aerial navigation and any other situation where you need accurate gps position.

1 Like

It’s hard to be an expert in a different field, but we expect in the future our brand can offer you more product selection.:grin:

5 Likes

IMO, our smartphones are the best GPS devices. Anker only has to continue power them and protect them with their products, and I’ll be happy :wink:

1 Like