Excited about Anker new Roav coming out this month

Hello All,

Anker launches Roav, a dash-mounted HUD (heads up display) for car.

What you all think? How Much $

Buy or No Buy?

Thank You!

4 Likes

I saw that somewhere recently as well - can’t remember if it was in email or on the website - but I am very curious about it as well.

On one hand I’m concerned that it may block some visibility potentially as it sits on top of the dash, but on the other hand the HUD would be awesome. I’ve never had HUD in my own vehicles, but have had it in rental cars at times and it’s nice to be able to see your speed, etc. without having to look down at the console.

If I can qualify for a review model - I’m definitely all over it. If not it will depend on price and whatever info I can extrapolate from the specs to how it will sit/fit in my vehicles.

2 Likes

Price is main concern. Also it is HUD so may be clear glass display.

2 Likes

I am conflicted about it, on the one hand if it makes a driver keep looking ahead instead of looking down, it helps with safety but then the opposite view of the driver should be focusing exclusively on driving and not doing anything else.

BTW I don’t drive I use bike and trains and as a cyclist the SMIDSY is a common problems, basically drivers not looking, not seeing even if their eyeballs are right at you they can be talking, thinking etc in a non-engaged way with the driving.

So could be good or could be bad.

Studies show its the act of thinking about other than driving still remains as a big negative on quality of driving.

2 Likes

Nigelhealy what is your name?

Are you a Junglist or What. You know everything.

Thanks for your viewpoint.

1 Like
1 Like

What about the idea for non-car-drivers?

I don’t drive I bike and to keep flies and debris out of my eyes I am always with cycling glasses on (usually clear) and what I do is use an Android Wear watch and the Anker IE20 buds magnetically around my neck to be kept informed and control where my hands are significantly tied up with the act of biking. For example at traffic lights I’ll hold the watch right up ahead with the red light just above the watch and then read emails etc waiting for green light. If someone is ringing I can see name/number on my wrist and swipe to answer then put one or both of the buds in my ear.

Would be a cool gadget if this were the Google Glass concept of something I can see and process off my cycling glasses, a HUD for cyclists.

With congestion and type-2 diabetes growing more are returning to cycling.

If you made such a HUD for cyclist you can then basically wear these when in a car and it there in front of your vision no matter which way your head is pointing, so in some ways better than built ontop of the dashboard. For use in a car it could pair with car specific items?

Note: Android Wear significant drains mobile phone batteries so why I’m always with some kind of charging solution, usually the Anker Powercore Slim because it slips into pockets/pouches easily.

2 Likes

@mvpttk Please refrain from replying to your own posts or doubling your posts. If you end up with a double post due to a forum or Internet error, please modify one to reflect. Thanks.

3 Likes

Sorry it was internet error. i Deleted that post.
Thank You

1 Like

I am hopefully part of the testing for ROAV…had signed up back when they were looking for testers and am anxiously waiting to see if I was selected.

1 Like

Where do you sign up?

i would love to be part of ROAV testing.

Thank You

1 Like

Here is Video of Roav

1 Like

It looks interesting but i imagine too expensive. I generally don’t drive alone so my passenger would be able to run all the navigation etc anyway.

1 Like

Yes! Very excited!

1 Like

it was part of their initial facebook and twitter accounts…

1 Like

I not hear anything about it

1 Like

Those who are concerned about safety. Anker is working on that.

1 Like

I applied for their beta program. I haven’t gotten anything back from Anker yet. I really look forward to trying this out.

1 Like

where do you apply. Thank you

1 Like

Beta testing is full, so no more applicants.

1 Like